Best Mellow Place for a Beginner into Intermediate
For April -May 15th I can live anywhere and I want to take up surfing. What would you guys recommend considering the following:
1. I'll be able to surf every day so I really want to minimize the number of consecutive days without decent waves.
2. I really don't want to have to drive all over; I'd like to be able to walk to the beach and then no more than a couple miles up or down the coast.
3. I'm a fast learner when it comes to these things so a place where an intermediate would be satisfied with.
4. I kind of gather that the surfing culture can be a little more ****ish than the skiing and dhmtb cultures that I'm used to so definitely a place that isn't notorious for that. And not too incredibly busy on weekdays at least.
5. I'm not stuck on Florida, I'll go anywhere but when I used to do triathlons I always had a hard time with cold water so probably not CA in April.
I know that's a lot but I'm a pretty analytical guy. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.