I am flying to San Diego on Wednesday. A Nor'easter is scheduled to touch down that day(ofcourse). I know there are alot of guys good with storm tracking on this site. What do you think my chances are of my flight being delayed?? My flight leaves Wednesday, November 7th at 8:15am. Any input would be greatly appreciated guys. Thanks in advance :)
if Hurricane Schwartz is right, looks like you'll be outta here just as the storm is moving in...you'll probably be good, but the wind forecast doesn't look too good. When i was flying to CR there was a snowstorm that day, i was anxious all week leading up to it thinking i was going to miss out, but they de-iced the wings and we took off. Better not to fret, I got myself all worked up over nothing. Hope it works out for you.
Thanks. Yeah, I'm hoping this storm slows down a bit.
Originally Posted by Koki Barrels
you should be okay Wed morning. Strong winds move in Wednesday afternoon into Thursday.
We had a 6am flight to Orlando scheduled Wed to take the fam down to Disney, which they (Disney) refer to as "Jersey Week" due to the scheduled teacher's convention and the huge influx of Jersey families.
Originally Posted by idsmashh
Well, that was rightfully cancelled, and we postponed our trip. Being that we both work for the public school districts, I stressed that Disney can wait. What this state needs is a sense of normalcy and seeing a familiar face in the classroom, not some sub or lack of due to a need to get the hell out of here for a few days.....that's not us. We postponed the trip to August, which is legitimately hurricane season:rolleyes:
The need is here, not elsewhere. That, and we did not want to take our chances being stuck in an airport all day when we should be working when students need us most.
Some footage post Sandy and between digging out a nice couple on the beach. I've been bringing them coffee several times just for them to maintain their sanity through it all. Another local has been fixing their roof and doing house maintenance all out of the goodness of his heart. I don't question why they stayed and ignored a mand. evac order; I'm sure they have asked themselves that enough.
Hope you all made it through this alright.
But you should make it out on the latest runs. However from late am/noon on is in question.
The local crew have worked long and hard to get that sand back on the beach. Who knows what's in it (glass, concrete, chemicals). Atleast there will be some dunes for the next coastal storm. Having your kids play in it next summer is a question that can wait for the time being.
Well, hopefully I luck out. But thanks for all the posts guys. I've got my fingers crosseed :P
Originally Posted by zaGaffer
yeah im heading down to cabo at 10 am on wednesday so im in the same boat. heres hoping for a little luck so i can get outta here just before this baby hits. plus a late season 18-20 second south swell will be waiting for me wednesday night. pumped.