Forum Rules and Enforcements - Please Read
Just as you need rules when your paddling for waves out in the lineup, it is also necessary to apply proper etiquette when posting to the Swellinfo forum. You wouldn't want that loud mouth, super paddler, dropping in on all your waves, and we don't want a handful of anonymous users taking over the Swellinfo forum with irrelevant, unnecessary, and offensive posts.
So, in order to maintain a community forum that enables a positive arena for surfing and surf related discussion, we have established a basic set of rules for the Swellinfo forum.
The rules are:
- No Inappropriate Language
- No Making offensive/insulting comments
- No spamming
- No Threatening other members
- No sexually explicit material
- No discussion regarding engaging of illegal activities
- No Hijacking thread topic (unrelated tangent).
- No Trolling: This includes "hazing" new members, telling people to kill themselves and racist comments.
We ask you to please abstain from breaking these rules, and if any of the these rules are broken, then an infraction (warning) point may be applied by a forum moderator. A forum member is banned from the forum after 3 infraction points, and infraction points are released after 10 days.
Certain situations, with the subjectivity of the moderator(s), may warrant increased infraction points and/or a longer duration of banning. And, repeat or highly inappropriate posts may warrant a permanent ban of the user and the user's IP address from using the forum.
The Swellinfo Team