I fish and surf and have been doing so since I was a little kid. I don't agree with fishermen casting at people but other than that fishing is awesome. In my experiences some fisherman are douches and i have grabbed a line that came too close in the lineup bit it off kept the gear and caught fish on it from my boat. Some surfers are just as big of douche bags, coming down the line hot with no control in crowded conditions or always sitting too far inside like a speed bump or paddling out in 3 foot waves when someone or multiple people were fishing first. You would know an ignorant douche bag or a redneck white trash surfer if you saw them, you are one of them.
When fools hear the truth they get mad. When wise men hear the truth they listen and get wiser.
Honestly i don't like to fish maybe because i don't drink. The fishermen on this thread could be among the 10% that i exempted from this study. By the way i did a real study of how fishermen act on and off the beach. Most of them are real jerks when they drink and most of the time they are drinking while fishing. This behavior ruins the good times of all the sober people who find fun in things that don't require being drunk to have fun.
you can't just stereotype everyone of them man. Yes, i have met a bunch of douche bags that surf fish from the pier that have tried to hook me, hit me with lures, and thrown trash of the pier on purpose. I just ignore them, put the trash in my boardies or wetsuit and throw it away at the end of my session. yelling and screaming at them only provokes most of them, it' not worth getting a ticket or arrested. just tell the local authority what they are doing and that's the only thing you can do.Don't let them ruin what you love to do. There are also some very nice guys that do surf fish as well. my uncle being one of them. he always will move his lines to be safe, always respects the ocean, and is a generally all-round stand up human.
So we should listen to a douche bag moron and his study which is obviously biased since you don't fish? What happened nancy boy, a surf fisherman cast to near you and you crapped your new wetsuit? Go suck a cock and get the hell off SI with this crap.
Also I don't drink either and do enjoy fishing so stating that you must do one to enjoy the other proves you are dumb as a rock.
Vote Rcarter in 2014 Because if we all work together we can all hate everybody.
dolphins and lesbians are on point: fish is delicious
wacky kooky sounds a little bitter, waiting for yankee to page him to his table
Just read some of the posts from people who obviously fish. thanks for joining in on my study because 90% of your comments prove my point. to the other 10% happy fishing