LOGIN | REGISTER

Hybrid View

tropical depression 3 forms

just formed south of bermuda...wave models arent picking up on this...what can we expect???

Images
    I do not anticipate any signfiicant swell production towards the east coast from this system due to its rapidly forecasted NE motion. Most of the fetch associated with this system will be coming from the SW.

There could be some NE fetch that could potentially sending a bit of swell towards the OBX, so I'll be keeping an eye on the buoy data and the quickscat satellite based winds.
    http://manati.orbit.nesdis.noaa.gov/...ms/WMBas19.png

You can see this system on the swellinfo wave maps, but keep in mind, that these winds are based off the GFS weather model, and will not precisely depict the micro scale systems of tropical storms.

Images

chantal

ITS A TROPICAL STORM NOW!
    Tropical Storm Chantal has been christened in the Atlantic Ocean well southeast of Cape Cod. Sustained winds are now up to 40 mph and some slight additional strengthening is possible.(TWC) it's flying NNE at 21, maybe we'll get a pulse???

Quote Originally Posted by ritecoastsurfer3 View Post
    ITS A TROPICAL STORM NOW!
    Tropical Storm Chantal has been christened in the Atlantic Ocean well southeast of Cape Cod. Sustained winds are now up to 40 mph and some slight additional strengthening is possible.(TWC) it's flying NNE at 21, maybe we'll get a pulse???
    I have to agree with da man, too far out and too weak. I do not think we will get a ripple.

Images

Exclamation

latest quickscat pass showing 45+kt easterly winds in the center of circulation...

The NHC is also following this guidance, but I'm not sure how accurate this is as there is no signs of anythign on the buoys. Do keep an eye on the buoys for any jump in swell. Most of the fetch is still from the SW, but IF the quickscat wind are correct, we should see a few pulses of swells.
    Last edited by Swellinfo; Jul 31, 2007 at 06:22 PM.

Images
    What about the stuff off of the Carolinas/Georgia?