Yeah, its just weird... Here in San Diego, even the wife agrees that if we dont live AT the beach (walking distance), than what is the point in living in SoCal... I have asked her if she wanted to move even 5 minutes inland, so we could rent a house with a yard instead of an apartment, and we both agree its just not worth it... But in reality, anywhere in San Diego is a 15 minute drive to consistent surf year round...

So, how on earth I am even considering all these things, like living in baltimore etc, is beyond me. I guess when you have a bun in the oven, it changes things...

But yeah, I mean, if living 15 minutes from the beach takes water time from you, 2 hours is a killer.

And yeah, I dont even have a crash spot out in OC. All my freinds grew up and moved inland too.

So, I was just curious. I mean, I know how hard i worked to get to surf everyday, so initially I look at it like No one can ever keep me from the ocean. Not even a 2-3 hour drive would stop me. I care THAT much. It is my passion, blah blah... Same as everyone else...

But I just know whats real and whats not, and having a business, a wife and a baby... who am I kidding thinking I will be able to slip away to surf OC every time I get a day off....

So, my perfect world, is me, the wife and baby in OC MD/Ocean pines... and spending weekends DRIVING TO BMORE to visit family... I told the wife. I will spend EVERY SECOND with her parents inside the beltway as long as I get the other 5 days a week at the ocean....

But that all SOUNDS great... But again, everything will have to work out perfectly...

Im thinking at this point of saving up a bunch, just heading out to OC MD and renting a house either in the pines, or a condo up in the north side, and seeing what happens... Worst case scenerio, we end up having to run back to bmore anyway cause work etc isnt working out...

But I am a restaurant GM, my wife is a Pastry Chef, so theoretically, OC MD has work... But i am in a pretty high pay teir for my industry, which OC MD simple cant match, but who cares, I will run a crab shack if I have to. Money is money....

And the wife and I have served tables, bar tended and all that, so we have a lot to fall back on in that town, but I just dont think I can get a competetive paying GM job year round... Im scared of that....

So, in a perfect world, OC MD will be my home again soon. But we will see. It will be enough shock moving back there. Baltimore... Man...

And to the guy living in Baltimore who was speaking of the ugly people and dead bodies... All surfing aside, living in Baltimore for 5 years is what made me want to leave MD more than anything. I lived on Preston st. and Guillford Ave... the 300 Block of E. Preston St... Gunshots from greenmount every night.

I used to work at the hardrock downtown and would see the dead bodies get scooped up every spring by the sifting boats... I mean, that is EXACTLY why I left the tri-state area... Because of Baltimore and DC....

But back then, I was a city kid, living downtown. By "Baltimore", I now mean WAAAAAYYYY out in the county....

the wifes fam lives out on the water in SE Bmore County... Pretty nice... but still.... surf. surf. surf.

Thanks for the tips though... I am doing everything I can to make the OC thing happen. I just hope all the planets align and I can find us some work.