LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Also... in places like ND, everybody has snow tires, because its stupid not to when there is so much snow. Whereas here everyone is driving around with their super slick high-mileage road tires.

Images
    I dont see what's so hard about driving in snow, just dont accelerate too quickly, keep a constant slowish speed, and dont turn too hard or at the last second. i guess people are just stupid

Images
    Haha. You should see the f***ing idiots in SoCal when it rains!!!! I see so many jacked up expeditions and east couty guys smashing into sh** and flying off the road... People think that their 50K truck wont hydroplane the fu** off the road... I always worry about my family and stuff driving in the snow... Its just plain unsafe... People have to work, I understand, but I think in the midatlantic, people take some risky drives to work... Its not their fault, im sure its the companies they work for... But if its icy and sh**, I just wish everyone could stay home. There should be abad weather clause in most peoples work contracts... Just due to safety... You should get like 7 days per year, like PTO days for that... Like the kiddies in school!

choke on your words

Quote Originally Posted by frylock89 View Post
    people suck.....period
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo0Cazxj_yc

Quote Originally Posted by staystoked View Post
    some of the stuff in that vid is fake

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lbsurfer View Post
    I dont see what's so hard about driving in snow, just dont accelerate too quickly, keep a constant slowish speed, and dont turn too hard or at the last second. i guess people are just stupid

exactly, its not rocket science. one thing that is a good trick that i tell people is when you are going slow 1-15 mph, just drop your car into a higher gear, even if its an automatic just move it to gear 2. that makes the car not rev as high and stop the slipping. but once you get rolling you need to up the gear or else too much reving lol. people just do exactly what you said though and are so dumb. why rush in snow anyways? is it worth it?

there were definitely some people panicking & not thinking straight on the roads yesterday afternoon. i went to brigantine to do homebound instruction w/ a student of mine who's been really sick & passed a couple people on the parkway & ac x-way doing around 30 w/ their flashers on. i couldn't believe it. there were people doing the exact opposite, too though. blowing by me like i was standing still. i slowed up to around 50, figuring it was my first time in the snow w/ my jeep, so i wanted to get accustomed to how she handled. she was, naturally, just fine.

zach, i've seen exactly what you're talking about in southern california. when i was there in october of 2005, it had to have been one of the coldest & rainiest months in a long time...i remember being on the I-5, heading up to surf trestles one day, & seeing people sliding out all over the place. & it was just drizzling (by my standards).

Quote Originally Posted by Behind The Sun View Post
    wow, that first driver was definitely up to no good

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    thats also why i put my handy dandy truck in the auto 4wd so if it automatically feels like it loses traction on snow then bam it shifts into 4wd for me. But seriously there is no rush when driving on snow if you have to be somewhere at a certain time leave early if conditions are getting bad. dont risk your life or anyone elses lifes for rushing not just on snow but any hazardous condition.