LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mountain Bikes

Mountain Bikes

Im looking to upgrade down the road.I currently have a Mongoose E303.Bike was originally around $600 but paid about $300.Looking to spend no more then a grand.My current bike weighs around 40 lbs. so I wanna go quite a bit lighter.So whats everyone riding and whats the pros and cons.tks

Quote Originally Posted by GoodVibes View Post
    Im looking to upgrade down the road.I currently have a Mongoose E303.Bike was originally around $600 but paid about $300.Looking to spend no more then a grand.My current bike weighs around 40 lbs. so I wanna go quite a bit lighter.So whats everyone riding and whats the pros and cons.tks
    i grew up working at a bike shop. this is the best deal ive ever seen on a mountain bike: http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...o+Bike+09.aspx

btw get the large, unless you are really short

depends where you ride and what you are looking to do but you cant go wrong with something like the XTC from Giant or any of the Gary Fishers with G2 geometry. they are solid, light weight bikes with good components and lifetime warrenties. they are in your price range and they ride nice. i used to work at a bike shop and would take these out pretty often to test ride.

That Jamis is nice if you only going to use it fort dirt jumping, single speed, it's only a big BMX bike with front suspension.
    If you going to do some trail riding, going up and down some hills, gears are helpfull, I'll look on craigslist first.
    Even local bike shops have some used bikes, it all depends what kind of riding you do.

dirt bike ftw

Santa Cruz Heckler.. or Blur if more XC oriented. Given your price range i'd look to buy used.

specialized rock hopper 29er. great hard tail. if you want full suspension you are seriously limited in your price range.

Tks for the lowdown on the info.How about Cannondale?Anyone own one of these?

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    specialized rock hopper 29er. great hard tail. if you want full suspension you are seriously limited in your price range.
    Bike seems like it has some pretty good reviews.Is this what you ride?

That is my XC bike but I have a Pitch Pro as well for DH and all mountain. The Rockhopper is def a great bike and the 29er is great for trail riding. If you can't find a full suspension bike in your price range I would definitely get this bike. No matter what get a 29er.