LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I got accepted to Monmouth yesterday. They gave me a large sum of money off for good grades. Im deciding between that and UNCW. Waves are better in NJ but NC is warm and the girls are hot.

Is the school itself fun?? Parties girls exc. Would get boring if not cuz waves are not good all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by wontonwonton View Post
    I got accepted to Monmouth yesterday. They gave me a large sum of money off for good grades. Im deciding between that and UNCW. Waves are better in NJ but NC is warm and the girls are hot.

Is the school itself fun?? Parties girls exc. Would get boring if not cuz waves are not good all the time.
    I'm tranSferring to uncw next fall. Go o uncw. The girls alone did it for me. I'm livin ON the beach in wrightsville next year. Uncw is a better school also.

Quote Originally Posted by bigSURFsk8 View Post
    i go to monmouth now. if you consider being a surfer to be in the water all year round hitting it on every swell even if theres snow on the ground. then there are very few "surfers" at monmouth. lots of wannabes and kooks that rep the image but cant back it up
    i go to monmouth too i know exactly what you're talking about. ive met plenty of "surfers" from pennsylvania or west jersey who would never paddle out in anything bigger than 3ft. theres a handful of guys that actually surf and youl know who they are cuz youll see them in the water

as far as parties go, the frat parties there are nothing like what you see in the movies but the girls are hot and its a good time. greek life in general is pretty **** and the reason i say that is cuz i live with a couple of guys who are in a frat and there is so much drama/gossip between dudes youd think it was a tv show.

i wouldnt recommend working while you go to school when you first start out unless you have to. if you do end up working you wont have much time to party if you plan on getting good grades. i worked my whole freshman year but its what allowed me to get a car and drive to all the breaks in the area. even though its only 1 mile from the beach, riding your bike in january blows.

regarding academics, it all depends on your major, but as someone mentioned earlier the career center is helpful with hooking you up. classes are small so its easier to get in touch with professors and such. i love monmouth but def do your research and look around and decide what your priorities are. feel free to pm me if you have an specific questions that i didnt address

Monmouth college is in Jersey right??? Sounds like a nice college.

I hate the cold more and more every day. The south is lookin good. Nothing to do except build snowmen