LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dawnpatrol1187 View Post
    Did you get one? I'm thinking about buying one too. Wondering how you like it.......
    same here. bump

Images
    Not sure about the carver.....but I just started skating less than a year ago (34 years old)......I have a Dregg Gravity board....for getting around, but I'm in love with my Hamboards. I own the 6'6 long board and the 4'6 fish. The 6'6 rides like you are surfing a long board, and the fish acts like a short board. Check'em out.....I love them....so much fun.

http://www.hamboards.com/

Just picked up a Carver, Da Monsta model. Love the thing. Does feel a lot like surfing, and definitely think it will help in the water, just based on muscle memory. My only problem is getting a turn as my daughters have already hijacked it. Easy to pick up as well. By the 2nd day I owned it I went a little over a mile without my foot touching the ground.

If you want to carve like crazy get double kingpin trucks like the sector 9 gull wings and and a drop through board where the truck are mounted on top for no wheel bite. I just bought a 45.5 inch San Clemente paddle out off of zumiez only 124.

zman those are nice, but the thing with carvers is they have actual springs innovated inside of the trucks, which can propel the board while pumping on flat ground. pretty sick idea I am kind of itching for one now after watching some vids on them...

Images
    I got my carver a few months ago, the 31" taylor knox model and I can't believe the ride. I've been riding it a couple times a week since I got it and with the right angles and downhills/uphills I can pump for blocks and blocks all through town... with the right wind I can get miles down the boardwalk and never take my feet off the deck. Going back to my normal cruiser is hard, the ride just isn't as responsive or as fun. My surfing has also improved a large amount, when I pump through sections on a wave it feels exactly like I am ripping down the street on my carver. Worth every dollar I paid for it, want another one at a different length.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wavesliderac View Post
    I got my carver a few months ago, the 31" taylor knox model and I can't believe the ride. I've been riding it a couple times a week since I got it and with the right angles and downhills/uphills I can pump for blocks and blocks all through town... with the right wind I can get miles down the boardwalk and never take my feet off the deck. Going back to my normal cruiser is hard, the ride just isn't as responsive or as fun. My surfing has also improved a large amount, when I pump through sections on a wave it feels exactly like I am ripping down the street on my carver. Worth every dollar I paid for it, want another one at a different length.
    i'd like to try one as well...am currently riding the Sector 9 with Gullwing double-king pin trucks referenced above, but always looking for something more responsive. 31" sounds about right as well...longboards just don't have the turning radius needed for tight turns. with all due respect, longboards just seem like skateboards for people who really don't know how to skate. let the flames begin

btw, saw your location - grew up skating in AC when there really wasn't many places to skate - do people still skate under the Brigantine Bridge?

I got the Carver Fraktal in January after watching all the Taylor Knox videos and Japanese skaters on YouTube. Bottom line; I love it. It's a cool board that really feels like surfing if you use your imagination. I wanted a little nose kick since I used to street skate and like ollies. My board has the C7 front truck and 70mm/78A roundhouse wheels which are super sticky. The first day I got it, I didn't adjust the trucks and bailed a lot from wheel bite. It's way looser than a normal skate. Eventually I worked it out and could easily do cutbacks and on a normal street. With a little practice I could pump the board uphill for a circuit. The wheels are sticky and I worked a lot of grabs in on the frontside slides. I also was able to ride the board up over angled curbs for little floaters. The trucks are solid aluminum and definitely well built. The grinds I've done so far haven't worn them out. Ollies onto the curb were no problem, although the board is heavy from the wheels. Landing is a little tricky 'cause I couldn't put all my weight forward without wheel biting and bailing. I've taken it down hill with no probs like death wobble. Overall, it's a super fun skate. I'm constantly looking for curbs with good transitions around town to try it out on. I might try harder wheels to get more sliding action. Two thumbs up for Carver!

I just picked up the 31" Resin model, the thing rips. The more pressure you put into pumping the faster you go... its elementary my dear watson; i know. Highly recommended though for sure.

I have a loaded Tan Tien and a gravity Makai, not really wanting/need to drop money on a whole new setup but perhaps picking up a set of trucks? What do you guys think? The Tan Tien is shorter then the Makai. Both boards are drop through decks.