LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    not trying to sway your decision, but have you looked into the original boards...I have a custom 35 and it felt the best out of any other board i tried.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj33eY6ERuU

wow, just realized it's discontinued. Oh well, can't say i didn't try.
    Last edited by Koki Barrels; Jul 18, 2012 at 03:57 AM.

Love my Land Yachtz . The deck is built to slide. Great board.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSoul View Post
    I have a loaded Tan Tien and a gravity Makai, not really wanting/need to drop money on a whole new setup but perhaps picking up a set of trucks? What do you guys think? The Tan Tien is shorter then the Makai. Both boards are drop through decks.
    I wouldn't put C7s on a drop through. To get the most out of the carver trucks you really need to get your back foot out on the kicktail, well behind the rear truck. I don't think you would be able to pump nearly as well on a drop through. Just my opinion though, never tried it.

Images
    this is what I have also. I love this thing and got if for a steal a few years ago. I have my dog pull me on this for miles; he loves it and I love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    not trying to sway your decision, but have you looked into the original boards...I have a custom 35 and it felt the best out of any other board i tried.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj33eY6ERuU

wow, just realized it's discontinued. Oh well, can't say i didn't try.

Just demoed a Green Room model at Coastal Edge. It was flipping awesome. I want to try a longer board to feel the difference (Green Room was longest one they had in stock) and then whichever one I like is going on my birthday list...less than a month a way. Awesome!

I have a 38" FaceTime and a 31" Resin. These boards are perfect for surf training when you cant surf. They really work the legs and the body mechanics are the same as surfing. The 38" is better for strength training and pumping as It requires a bit more muscle to pump. The 31" is better for turns and muscle memory.

Images
    The best skateboards I have found for carving are the retro penny or globe boards. They are extremely maneuverabile and fast. Very similar to surfing, perfect for cross training. I have purchased many long boards trying to emulate surfing and by far these small plastic boards are the best.

I rode those penny boards before they were "retro". While they are a blast to ride they've got nothing on the Carver C7 truck when it comes to copying the mechanics of surfing on land.

Quote Originally Posted by foamdust View Post
    I rode those penny boards before they were "retro". While they are a blast to ride they've got nothing on the Carver C7 truck when it comes to copying the mechanics of surfing on land.
    I agree the Carver is awesome, the closest thing to surfing on land. I don't skateboard but this thing is real fun. Good training and fun on flat days.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by foamdust View Post
    I rode those penny boards before they were "retro".
    Damn man, did you skate with Stacy Peralta too?