LOGIN | REGISTER

Images

surf in a drysuit

http://oceanrodeo.com/drysuits/surfdry

looks sweet

any thoughts?

Don't get a tear in the water...

ive always wondered about these. im surprised ive never heard/seen anyone surfing with one of these

i cant see them working. a duck dive, or good fall would flush it and get all that stuff soaked. plus the price is insane

they keep you dry, but they don't insulate well unless your wearing stuff under them, making them quite awkward for surfing...

not to mention if you get a tear you are probably going to fill up with water, sink, or die, or any combination of those things.

I used a dry suit many years ago. Unlike this one, I didn't wear anything underneath. It did leak a little bit, but even on the coldest days I was cooking inside.

Quote Originally Posted by epidemicepic View Post
    they keep you dry, but they don't insulate well unless your wearing stuff under them, making them quite awkward for surfing...

not to mention if you get a tear you are probably going to fill up with water, sink, or die, or any combination of those things.
    The water that fills up the drysuit has an equal bouyant force to the water outside of the suit. So it wouldn't cause you to sink, just get cold.

i'd like to try one, but a good 5 mil works just fine.
    Last edited by diewalrus; Dec 27, 2010 at 05:52 AM. Reason: grammar