LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvVuM...eature=related
    watch that video and tell me how that isnt similar
    Last edited by lolwut; Dec 31, 2010 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    And P.S. Not only is maui ruined, I counted 20+ SUPs on the cliffs 2 days ago.
    Man, somebody needs to regulate that schitt.

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    Yeah, I think its about each individual. Years ago, when the retro fish thing came back to the west coast, a core group of locals from here broke out the old fish and never looked back. Everyday. Every condition. Different styles, but they love it. In a lot of ways, its a more simple way to surf. They get more waves than normal, they make big mushy closout sections, yet they still stall out in a shallow reef. You can really ride those things in any condition you see fit, and you can make it look good. I am trying out new boards these days. I even long board sometimes, and I really get stoked having fun days on different equipment now.

The fish twin fin retro fish I tried, I hated. It was like 7 years ago, on a waist high day in mission beach. Low tide, onshore winds. The thing would just ride towards the beach. But that is because it was a truely aweful day of surf. I made poor judgments on fish in general because of that session. But years later, I got a really good swell at the right spot, and then it clicked...

Its like SUP baords. They arent meant for small surf. They are meant for big sh**. Then it looks good, then its fun....

And P.S. Not only is maui ruined, I counted 20+ SUPs on the cliffs 2 days ago.
    Damn! I am surprised the old crew is allowing SUPs at the cliffs. What a way to ruin a break for everyone else.