LOGIN | REGISTER

View Poll Results: What do you think about go pro films?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • always SICK!

9 26.47%
  • makes me nauseous/ looks STUPID/ always edited POOR.

6 17.65%
  • Only sick when pulling to to MASSIVE BARRELS!

19 55.88%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Go Pro Camera

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    staystoked

I am 6'1" and ride 6' boards. I have mounts on both the tail and the nose. The mount on the tail has to be raised up or all the water flowing over it blocks the shot. You would be surprised at how much water washes over the tail of a board when you are just catching the wave or making a turn. Also some of the pictures and videos probably were taken on a short board, the camera really stretches them and makes it look far away. Here is a picture of me with the camera mounted on the front of a 6'2" board 6 inches from the nose.

WOW thats sick bro

do you got any more pics or vids on a shortboard i can see ???

Images
    Glad you like it. Here are a couple more taken on another small day Waist - Chest max, tiny barrels and really crunched up to get my head in them. lol.

Images
    The funny thing about these cameras is how it changes your perspective on surfing for good and bad. An example would be this, one day I took the camera out and recorded every wave I caught, from the minute I started paddling to the minute I kicked out. I would then shut the camera off and paddle back out. I surfed for close to 3 hours and caught a ton of waves, some that I thought were incredible where I pulled off some big turns and floaters etc. When I got home I was excited to check them out so compiled them all into one "long" video. Well guess what after 3 hours and a ton of waves, maybe 35 - 40 of them, the video totalled up to just under 3 minutes long! And those incredible waves where I was ripping like Kelly Slater, well they were indistinguishable from 90% of the other waves. The camera also tends to flatten the waves since it is moving at the same angle so unless it is shoulder high plus expect it too look knee high at best on playback. I think part of makes surfing fun is the adrenaline rush etc that makes that tiny little turn feel like a huge roundhouse etc. Time slows when you are on a wave but back at the house while you relax drinking a cup of coffee and watching the video it makes you humble.
    Last edited by Zippy; Jan 3, 2011 at 02:04 AM.

you got any tail shots? ... or that vid you mentiond before?

Images
    Sorry none of the tail shots worked out. I wouldn't dare post the videos, lol. They really suck and I would be embarrassed for anyone but close friends to see them. I'll see if I can piece together a few of the least embarrassing clips and post them.
    Last edited by Zippy; Jan 3, 2011 at 12:42 PM.

Images
    Love it because of the footage it gets but it's mad annoying on the board.

when mounting the camera on your board do you just use the adhesive mounts that are included or do you have to get the special surfboard ones? i got the regular 960 one because it was a hundred dollars cheaper but i didnt get the surfboard specific mounts,

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NJ SPONGIN View Post
    Love it because of the footage it gets but it's mad annoying on the board.
    Yes, this.

Images
    ive got the kodak playsport and its a pretty good camera and has hd footage and 1080p and 720p 60fps
    and its super cheap

Quote Originally Posted by ortleysurfer View Post
    ive got the kodak playsport and its a pretty good camera and has hd footage and 1080p and 720p 60fps
    and its super cheap
    what kind of POV angles can you get with that?? and whats the odds of losing it in the water ? allll i need to know thanks