LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Fisherman's Island

Has anyone seen any vid of this being surfed? Ive looked all over and haven't seen anything.

Here's a photo from the Danielle swell in August. It looks better than it was. The wave wasn't connecting all the way down the line, and was very weak.

There were three boats and 5-6 guys in the water.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. That looks different than I expected. But I did just come across another picture of the islands waves and they were long a hollow barrels. So i might have to check this place out when the conditions are perfect.

Images

Have at it...

This is the guide. Good luck with that. -

http://www.surfline.com/surf-report/...t_5212/travel/

Images
    looks sweet can u tell me where this is? pm if you want. or not

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ortleysurfer View Post
    looks sweet can u tell me where this is? pm if you want. or not
    dont worry, its no secret. Everyone knows where it is, but few actually go out there. Fickle. Strange place. Go after it.

Good luck hitting it when its good. Might as well just stay at your home break when it firing.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    dont worry, its no secret. Everyone knows where it is, but few actually go out there. Fickle. Strange place. Go after it.
    why dont people go there? dangerous?

Images
    no. Just very difficult access. If you follow the link to the article I posted is goes into great detail about why its often never surfed...

Its pointless unless you have a boat and perfect conditions... and from what surfline says, when it is working it is a "300 yard freight train that breaks right into/through the VB Tunnel... The mention of bull sharks etc is always out there as well when fishermans island is talked about...

So do the math, and if any of those things sound exciting to you, go for it.

Only way to know the truth is to go check it out.

Not to mention the fact that when F.I. is working, that means VB is overhead and firing, and OBX is probably multiple feet overhead and hollow. So why waste your time...

Access has been discussed on previous threads... handy info... seek it out. Why surf it? Because VB blows. Because Hatteras is a 2hr drive. Because adventure is a part of surfing. I always enjoyed hitting up some of the lesser surfed spots on the eastern shore or in the Bay on storm swells... even if Hatteras was firing of first street was the call. Just to be catching waves somewhere different is good for the soul. Besides if it was easy then everyone would do it and it would cease to be as cool.....