LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bo6kRGv5Kg

I've done a lot more reading about mysto spots than surfing them. Anyways, I saw the clip above a while back, then I saw this thread. The place really isn't a secret, it's in plain view from the bridge like what was mentioned earlier. The secret is more like in what conditions will the place start to work.
    That's a nice compliment to the "Drunk" thread going on right now. The guy you see shotgunning a beer bites it on the take off right after that, then there is a picture of him on a knee high wave, and that's all you see of him on a surfboard in the rest of the clip. I guess the moral of the story is don't waste a unique opportunity to surf a mysto wave by shotgunning beers beforehand.

Images
    Ive always wondered what it looked like when it was going off there. thanks for the photos. Anybody in the VB area have a boat? im down for an adventure when there's a swell window for this place

im from vb and id be willing to split the costs of a charter boat with some people to get to it. i never surfed it for the very reason of accessibility and that im not rich enough to hire a charter on my own or buy a boat. i thinks its silly that the authorities make surfing these places so difficult. It may be a coincidence but the other point break setups on this stretch of coast that have similar problems of accessibility. Annoys me.

Isabel, Sept 2003, on the road from Hatteras to OC, peeling right along. Grabbed the camera for a couple of quick shots.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jrobe057 View Post
    im from vb and id be willing to split the costs of a charter boat with some people to get to it. i never surfed it for the very reason of accessibility and that im not rich enough to hire a charter on my own or buy a boat. i thinks its silly that the authorities make surfing these places so difficult. It may be a coincidence but the other point break setups on this stretch of coast that have similar problems of accessibility. Annoys me.
    Yea maybe this summer during a hurricane swell and while im working i would be down to split the costs. icould probably get one of my friends on it too

Images
    stephenjones

Thanks buddy that is awesome news!

757, im down for goin in with ya on a charter. i know at least one person who would def be down for it. the time of year doesnt matter to me but it seems to me that it would take a monstrous south swell with longer periods from something like a hurricane for it not to be broken up and connect all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthjettyBill View Post
    Ok I was coming back from VA Beach back in 1989......do they still have that 17th ST Summer surf series contests?
    Contest is long gone. The free neon trunks in the swag bag weren't too bad though

Guys there isba shipwreck there be careful at least thats what I heard frombone of my uncles wh has surfed there

Saint Augustine Beach, Florida, United States
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stranded in smithfield View Post
    access has been discussed on previous threads... Handy info... Seek it out. Why surf it? Because vb blows. Because hatteras is a 2hr drive. Because adventure is a part of surfing. I always enjoyed hitting up some of the lesser surfed spots on the eastern shore or in the bay on storm swells... Even if hatteras was firing of first street was the call. Just to be catching waves somewhere different is good for the soul. Besides if it was easy then everyone would do it and it would cease to be as cool.....

owowowowow