LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Images
    I was out there the other day for a lab for one of my classes. scoped it out and it was actually kinda breaking. small but dammit, it made me wanna surf there even more!! I also scoped out some other spots that were breaking too. I hope a swell big enough and in the right direction hits it soon.

Images
    Hold on... so you can get there by car but its illegal to walk on the beach??

Images
    yea haha. its a nature preserve. you step one foot on their without permission from the man and you get a felony.

Quote Originally Posted by darippah View Post
    Hold on... so you can get there by car but its illegal to walk on the beach??
    You cant get there by car. Its about a 1-2 mile paddle from the nearest boat ramp and walking on the island is only permitted on guided nature tours.

I surfed the point at Toms Cove last September! What a wave! Nice long lefts and actually quite easy to catch. Wouldve loved to have surfed it during Ophelia caue it was actually breaking at the inside point and wrapping around into to cove. Pelican island was also going off. Of course right outside was awesomea and powerful surf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopla Productions View Post
    Fisherman's sounds/ looks like an epic spot if you catch it right. has anyone surfed the point by Tom's cove? that spot looks like it could peel forever on a proper south swell with northeast winds...all the conditions that would make ocean city junk

It doesn't break not worth your time and effort

Quote Originally Posted by 757surfer View Post
    yea haha. its a nature preserve. you step one foot on their without permission from the man and you get a felony.
    no voting, passport, or owning a gun for walking on fisherman's island.
    757 Surfer, u still down to get a charter boat there if and when it starts breaking?
    idk, judging by this past season it may be hurricane season that it starts breaking

been watching this place like a hawk. We almost got lined up last year but the wind switch Southeast. My fishing buddies also told me there are a ton of sharks right off that point. Should be fun

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jrobe057 View Post
    no voting, passport, or owning a gun for walking on fisherman's island.
    757 Surfer, u still down to get a charter boat there if and when it starts breaking?
    idk, judging by this past season it may be hurricane season that it starts breaking
    yea man i'm definitely down. i actually talked with one of my friends whose off at school right now and we could probably go exploring with his boat when he gets back in may. he lives in Chesapeake right on the Elizabeth river so we can literally take it straight through norfolk all the way out there. I go fishing with him over there every so often. but if he will actually wanna take it out when the ocean/bay could be rough is a different story but that is an option. but if a swell arises this summer and i have some money i'm definitely ready to do this.

Just stumbled upon this thread, it kind of amazes me the lack of research some people do.

This one talks about other eastern shore breaks

http://www.swellinfo.com/forum/showt...l-shoal-breaks

Some Fisherman's Island Chat

http://www.swellinfo.com/forum/showt...ght=#post14015

Some Vital Fisherman's Island Chat "how to get there with only a car and kayak"

edit
    Here is another one for good measure. Right point on fort story base.

http://www.swellinfo.com/forum/showt...is+your+chance

Oops.. acidentally deleted the important one... go find it!!!! its called eastern shore surfers

P.S. Your Welcome!
    Last edited by BonerSurfs; Jun 8, 2012 at 08:56 AM.