LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Softtop boards

A Quality soft top (one that surfs close to a real board) aint cheap. I buy a used beater like someone else said. Cheap soft tops definitely ride different and in my opinion you can pick up bad habits from riding them. Used ones can be water logged (regardless what the say - they are a sponge).

I'll rent one and then i'll see if i wanna buy one

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cobtaco223 View Post
    I'll rent one and then i'll see if i wanna buy one
    that is you best bet or just buy a used regular board that you dont give a rats ass what happens to it and at the end of the summer sell it to some Grom and make some of you money back

dont do that. if you want a cheap board get a pop out from ron jon or something but a softtop must be terriable. i actually have never tried one but from the looks all you do is ride a wave straight in and they will float on flat water.

Images
    http://www.catchsurf.com//surfboards-by-y.php

I have a beater, one and super one. All SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fun, in any condition. they also make the swizzle which a long softop. maybe a little more that crappy softtops but worth every bit. You get what you pay for. the beater can also have a fin, if one desires. Super one has fcs fins as well. check it out, summer or winter def increase the fun factor.

bunch of squids