So Folly does get good, really good. And that being said, I certainly have not caught all of the swells this year but they have been documented so you can see for yourself. The one's I did catch were a blast and were legit waves.

I moved to SC from MD where I surfed for many years and used think OCMD was fickle. SC has put things into perspective for me... While I will always consider SC my 2nd home (my wife is from here), I'm glad to know that we'll be moving back to MD -- at least from a waves perspective. While I know this year has been good as a whole, it is still very inconsistent. Just calling it like it is... I've heard all the reasons why including how the continental shelf plays into things but for a place that goes off when it's good, I sure wish it did it more often.

It's a cool place especially the greater Charleston area. I could think of worse places to live but don't be counting on the consistency being any better than what you're used too -- in fact, I would suggest looking an alternate hobby for the flat days. You'll get really good at whatever you decide on...