LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: surf hoods

Quote Originally Posted by wontonwonton View Post
    5mm hyperflex bibbed hood. 20 bucks ish. I wear mine with my 4/3 when I dont wear my 5/4/3. Warm as it gets. Super comfortable and no chin fatigue. No water in unless you get really trashed underwater.

http://www.ebodyboarding.com/Wetstuf...ll-Bibbed-Hood

Doit
    is there really no chin fatigue? I used a hyperflex hood a few years back and it was choking me pretty hard in the chin area. It had a really short neck and it was real annoying. Did they fix the newer models?

Quote Originally Posted by RightCoastRipper View Post
    thought you were going to talk about surfing in tha 'hood
    black wetsuit, black boots. Black gloves black hood. All black erey-thang! All black erey-thang!

I've been using a 2mil xcel hooded vest. I dont like bibbed hoods because never fail ill be unzippping and re-situating out in the lineup. When its attached to a vest 1. its warm as hell 2. it aint goinz nowhere, dawg.

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    black wetsuit, black boots. Black gloves black hood. All black erey-thang! All black erey-thang!

I've been using a 2mil xcel hooded vest. I dont like bibbed hoods because never fail ill be unzippping and re-situating out in the lineup. When its attached to a vest 1. its warm as hell 2. it aint goinz nowhere, dawg.
    how's the sizing on the xcel hooded vest? is it pretty true to size or should I size up or down? i'm 6 foot 170ish with a lot of hair on my head if that helps. I'm ordering online so I def. wanna order the right size and save myself the hassle of sending it back for a diff. one.

Quote Originally Posted by JonAngot12 View Post
    how's the sizing on the xcel hooded vest? is it pretty true to size or should I size up or down? i'm 6 foot 170ish with a lot of hair on my head if that helps. I'm ordering online so I def. wanna order the right size and save myself the hassle of sending it back for a diff. one.
    Mine has a draw string around the face so I imagine there is some wiggle room for hair. Iv got about 15 lbs on you but the large fits me like a condom. Maybe try a medium?

Images
    I'm surprised the companies haven't started to include new technology into hoods. They've done it with suits, boots and gloves. I think next they will focus on the hoods. I've already seen some differences in Quiksilvers hoods. They leave a flexible patch of neoprene straight down the front of the neck for the adams apple. Reduces feeling of choking out there... Also, the new optional chin cover... What's next? What would you want changed on your hood?

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    ....the large fits me like a condom..
    That's appropriate.....but I digress.

Jon, the hooded vest versions are the best. Billibong's SG5 is pretty nice. It's all neoprene and has a flap that goes over the collar to prevent flushing.

I've never used the poly vests, but I'd be a little concerned about their fabric construction allowing it to draw flushed water down to your core. I'm sure some owners could comment on that, though.