LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WRV surfboards

WRV surfboards

I am considering ordering a WRV hpsb for the spring with my tax rebate. I have heard good things about the company but not mention of who shapes for them. I know people like mike daniels of coil used to shape for them but whos building there boards now?

Anyone out there riding a wrv?

For shortboards, they have a few fulltime guys, like Tommy Moore & Jesse Fernandez. They also have a lot of cameo shapers do batches of boards, like Mayhem & Yinger.

You can't go wrong with Moore. Just a question, though: Why are you looking at WRV when you have smoking local shapers like Matt Kechele and Cosmic Bull near you? Those guys are all about surfboards....not obtaining Ron Jon status (like certain companies).

fernandez and yinger are both great shapers. I have a fernandez wrv rockfish. The feb issue of surfermag has a page with their boards and shapers in the 2011 board review.Both shapers are available to talk to. I talked to yinger a couple of years ago when buying the rockfish. just contact one of the two east coast locations (va beach or Kill devil HIlls) to get their contact info.

Images
    I got a fernandez 9'6, and 6'8 in my quiver, love them both. I Travel with the 6'8" it's built like a tank, and Rides great, minor repairs.

Images
    this is my own 2 cents, but in kind of my local "circle" people tend to consider WRV in the same class as a bic....or as was noted above sort of, a "ron jon" board

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SoDelLocal View Post
    this is my own 2 cents, but in kind of my local "circle" people tend to consider WRV in the same class as a bic....or as was noted above sort of, a "ron jon" board
    What is it about their boards specifically that would make you compare them to BIC or Ron Jon. Just curious...i have heard good things about them from other locals in DE, and recently bought a used WRV myself and it rides great.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray F. View Post
    Just a question, though: Why are you looking at WRV when you have smoking local shapers like Matt Kechele and Cosmic Bull near you? Those guys are all about surfboards....not obtaining Ron Jon status (like certain companies).
    Isnt Kechele from Fla?

Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    Isnt Kechele from Fla?
    Yes, I believe he is from FL. I think he used to shape boards for Slater.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchell View Post
    What is it about their boards specifically that would make you compare them to BIC or Ron Jon. Just curious...i have heard good things about them from other locals in DE, and recently bought a used WRV myself and it rides great.
    I guess my answer would be that it's just the surroundings of my "friends". What I mean is that WRV for me has been like if you grow up in a family that buys only fords, then you are bound to hate chevy, regardless of the product. Also, I guess the only shop that I've seen WRV's in (brand new, not used) has been a "kooky" kind of shop, so perhaps that soured my taste. I mean no disrespect to those who ride ANY board. I just know that I've sort of been conditioned to steer clear of WRV's

lol ron jon sucks **** and doesn't have anything on wrv
    there is defiantly nicer boards but they're all solid shapes.

Rockfish & the Nugget are sick