LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Pretty sure i just found the best sandbar on the east coast

at low tide today, I found what is probably the steepest section of a 1st sandbar. In my estimation, at high tide, this could create the hollowest tube ever seen at a beach break. Just thought I'd share.

One factor missing from this equation, though. SWELL. Good God, I am bored out of my wits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enough is enough! Can we get some damn waves PLEASE!! So many offshore days with sunshine this winter - what a WASTE! Where are the WAVES???

Images
    the first storm to bring waves will most likely wash that sandbar away...not to poo poo on your discovery, but this is likely. I hope I'm wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by divebomb View Post
    at low tide today, I found what is probably the steepest section of a 1st sandbar. In my estimation, at high tide, this could create the hollowest tube ever seen at a beach break. Just thought I'd share.

One factor missing from this equation, though. SWELL. Good God, I am bored out of my wits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enough is enough! Can we get some damn waves PLEASE!! So many offshore days with sunshine this winter - what a WASTE! Where are the WAVES???
    You best tell me where that bar is now

I'm thinking this thing could hold up to the average swell for a while, but no doubt, anything sizable and BYE BYE.

Quote Originally Posted by cobtaco223 View Post
    You best tell me where that bar is now
    I can only offer hints.

it is in Monmouth County, NJ

hmmm i think i may have a clue where it is haha

Images
    Im starting to question life, etc. If i dont get some waves soon im going to have to get some prozac haha.

Quote Originally Posted by marknel83 View Post
    Im starting to question life, etc. If i dont get some waves soon im going to have to get some prozac haha.
    i hear that. seriously, theres not much to do in the shore towns in the winter as it is. take away waves, and this is how people wind up going crazy. I need another hobby.

i hear that. seriously, theres not much to do in the shore towns in the winter as it is. take away waves, and this is how people wind up going crazy. I need another hobby.

Badmitten is always a fun choice when the ripple from throwing a rock into a puddle ends up looking better then mother ocean...

I need another hobby.
    Been working on a few new templates. With all this time on my hands, I don't think I've ever faired more perfect curves in my life. Ha!