LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1

    Pretty sure i just found the best sandbar on the east coast

    at low tide today, I found what is probably the steepest section of a 1st sandbar. In my estimation, at high tide, this could create the hollowest tube ever seen at a beach break. Just thought I'd share.

    One factor missing from this equation, though. SWELL. Good God, I am bored out of my wits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enough is enough! Can we get some damn waves PLEASE!! So many offshore days with sunshine this winter - what a WASTE! Where are the WAVES???

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    garbage state
    Posts
    820
    Images
    3
    the first storm to bring waves will most likely wash that sandbar away...not to poo poo on your discovery, but this is likely. I hope I'm wrong though.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by divebomb View Post
    at low tide today, I found what is probably the steepest section of a 1st sandbar. In my estimation, at high tide, this could create the hollowest tube ever seen at a beach break. Just thought I'd share.

    One factor missing from this equation, though. SWELL. Good God, I am bored out of my wits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enough is enough! Can we get some damn waves PLEASE!! So many offshore days with sunshine this winter - what a WASTE! Where are the WAVES???
    You best tell me where that bar is now

  4. #4
    I'm thinking this thing could hold up to the average swell for a while, but no doubt, anything sizable and BYE BYE.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by cobtaco223 View Post
    You best tell me where that bar is now
    I can only offer hints.

    it is in Monmouth County, NJ

  6. #6
    hmmm i think i may have a clue where it is haha

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Eastern Shore
    Posts
    365
    Images
    2
    Im starting to question life, etc. If i dont get some waves soon im going to have to get some prozac haha.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by marknel83 View Post
    Im starting to question life, etc. If i dont get some waves soon im going to have to get some prozac haha.
    i hear that. seriously, theres not much to do in the shore towns in the winter as it is. take away waves, and this is how people wind up going crazy. I need another hobby.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by divebomb View Post
    i hear that. seriously, theres not much to do in the shore towns in the winter as it is. take away waves, and this is how people wind up going crazy. I need another hobby.

    Badmitten is always a fun choice when the ripple from throwing a rock into a puddle ends up looking better then mother ocean...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Monmouth Beach, NJ
    Posts
    2,296
    Quote Originally Posted by divebomb View Post
    I need another hobby.
    Been working on a few new templates. With all this time on my hands, I don't think I've ever faired more perfect curves in my life. Ha!