LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

no waves

even laird hamilton questions the meaning to his life when there are long periods of no surf and needs prozac. i have searched for meaning/happiness when there is no swell-think of other hobbies-nothing compares to surfing. i think i have taken up comfort food. actually thought of taking flying lessons or just jumping out of a plane. so being new to this social network how does one send/get private messages? just came from assateague md and it was ......might have to head north/south? costa rica.

Images
    Its all flat, i just got back from assateague va. I did get some pony pictures though haha.

Quote Originally Posted by divebomb View Post
    at low tide today, I found what is probably the steepest section of a 1st sandbar. In my estimation, at high tide, this could create the hollowest tube ever seen at a beach break. Just thought I'd share.

One factor missing from this equation, though. SWELL. Good God, I am bored out of my wits!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enough is enough! Can we get some damn waves PLEASE!! So many offshore days with sunshine this winter - what a WASTE! Where are the WAVES???
    thats a bold statement

Images
    I scored a 3 hours session today in Avalon. It was waist to chest for about 2 hours then the tide and cause of the beach being small it got a bump and disorganized . In all honesty is was shocked to see there was actual waves. I was expectin knee high at best . So glad I went out and check it today

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    I scored a 3 hours session today in Avalon. It was waist to chest for about 2 hours then the tide and cause of the beach being small it got a bump and disorganized . In all honesty is was shocked to see there was actual waves. I was expectin knee high at best . So glad I went out and check it today

I hope I can just cruise around tomorrow and have some luck....these 3 day weekends are a killer when there is nothing going on.

yeah, dudes, since the last real swell (dec 11th?) i've put on 10 lbs and developed a mild case of turrets... F*CK PISS ahhhhhh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    you serious Matt? When was this. I checked and saw nothing..

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyav13 View Post
    I got there around 11:30 maybe closer to noon I got out around 3 ish give or take.

there were 3 guy on shortboards and me and 2 other guys I know logging it I was north of the peir

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyav13 View Post
    Ya the waist to chest just isn't true. I was out in Avalon. Knee to thigh with a rare waist. Nothing close to chest or even stomach. Sorry. Maybe it looks bigger on a log.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wet dreams View Post
    Ya the waist to chest just isn't true. I was out in Avalon. Knee to thigh with a rare waist. Nothing close to chest or even stomach. Sorry. Maybe it looks bigger on a log.
    I dont know where in AV u were today I got plenty of chest high wave so did the other 2 guys that were out did. Mostly it was thigh to waist . Set wave were a bigger on the start of the incoming tide