LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Don't want to stray from topic, but there really is nothing bad to say about the xcel wetsuits.

However, Matt I am looking to buy a Hyperflex AMP or AMP K towards the end of the winter season. The amp K is supposedly a "wind sport" wetsuit but I wonder if that means that the AMP would be better in the water? What is your input?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NJSwell View Post
    Don't want to stray from topic, but there really is nothing bad to say about the xcel wetsuits.

However, Matt I am looking to buy a Hyperflex AMP or AMP K towards the end of the winter season. The amp K is supposedly a "wind sport" wetsuit but I wonder if that means that the AMP would be better in the water? What is your input?
    I cant really speak for the the Amp K cause i dont know what the differnece would be between that and the normal Amp.

Best bet to call Hyperflex and ask them they are in Millville, NJ you can get there number off there website

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    I cant really speak for the the Amp K cause i dont know what the differnece would be between that and the normal Amp.

Best bet to call Hyperflex and ask them they are in Millville, NJ you can get there number off there website
    Alright thanks, do you think they have a walk-in facility or a store there? Because I live mad close to millville

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NJSwell View Post
    Alright thanks, do you think they have a walk-in facility or a store there? Because I live mad close to millville
    I think it just there factory and you can go there to drop off warranty stuff also. there store is Wetsuite world in Stone Harbor

Images
    i have xcel 5/4 drylock. i live in ocean city maryland and have been warm and almost overheated every time i have used it in the winter. i have 7 mil xcel boots that are great. However i ahve the 7 mil xcel mittens and they are really warm but the grip is really ****ty on the palms. I have never had a problem with them slipping but they seem wierdly slick for something that should be grippy

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by surfoc15 View Post
    i have xcel 5/4 drylock. i live in ocean city maryland and have been warm and almost overheated every time i have used it in the winter. i have 7 mil xcel boots that are great. However i ahve the 7 mil xcel mittens and they are really warm but the grip is really ****ty on the palms. I have never had a problem with them slipping but they seem wierdly slick for something that should be grippy
    sweet yeah in the winter I put a light coat of wax on the rails for extra grip . Not a whole lot just a pass or two

I never had a full mitten I have used claws mostly so It gonna be nice try something differnet .

Yeah it will all cost way more than my hyperflex stuff but from what I hear it worth it

I was dedicated purchaser of Rip Curl most of my life but bought an Xcel drylock and will never go back. Granted its a 4/3 cuz I'm not from Jersey but hands down the best suit I have ever owned (O yeah I have had Hurley & billabong suits as well). Warmth & flexibility. Can't speak for the gloves. Too bad I don't get to wear it anymore................................

Not sure about the suits but I have a pair of the 7mil boots and they are the warmest I've ever owned. They're a b**ch to get off though.

Quote Originally Posted by wet suit = no tourists View Post
    Not sure about the suits but I have a pair of the 7mil boots and they are the warmest I've ever owned. They're a b**ch to get off though.
    I feel like 7 mil anything will be really warm.

Images
    i like my 5/4 Drylock, its toasty