LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EinVB View Post
    How cold was it out there (scale of 1-10) and what were you wearing? I haven't been out since November.
    I was wearing a 5/4/3 and the whole works. Coulda stayed out there for hours.

4/3 boots, gloves, hood. Boots were the limiting factor for me, my feet went numb after about 2 hours. Guess ill step up to some 7mils

Quote Originally Posted by EinVB View Post
    Dang... it looked like it was a fun day to be out! I was stuck working.

How cold was it out there (scale of 1-10) and what were you wearing? I haven't been out since November.
    I surfed around 1st St, and it actually wasn't that bad, probably a 6-7 rating for me with a 4/3, poly vest w/ hood, 3mm gloves and 5mm boots. I too haven't really had a meaningful session since November and it showed, I felt like a fata$$ out there, couple that with the fact that I was trying to break in a new suit so there was some stiffness.

It was a fun sesh, thigh high but it turned out to be a beautiful day.

Images
    Nice pics. Makes me wonder why there are no humans photoed in the water. ??? I figured it would be pretty crowded. Empty barrels. Empty lineup.

haha no crowds this time of year! The current pretty well spread out the few who did brave the cold. I think I drifted about 12 blocks / hour

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    Nice pics. Makes me wonder why there are no humans photoed in the water. ??? I figured it would be pretty crowded. Empty barrels. Empty lineup.
    igot some pics coming. ill post them when i get them up

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powers View Post
    What time were you there? I was there at about 1 till around 3 and it was goin off.

I was the dude with the wetsuit

i was out there too. i was out from about 245 or 3 to 530. it was fun as ****! i was the sponger on the white board

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    haha no crowds this time of year! The current pretty well spread out the few who did brave the cold. I think I drifted about 12 blocks / hour
    That is awesome! I guess cold water pays off after all!

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    I surfed the pier today. She was cold but well worth it! Took the pics right before dark. Enjoy.
    Nice pics!
    Did you surf the new board? Just wondering cause the same dude had another one posted for cheap the next day. Looked like the only difference was it had some goofy looking pin stripes on it. The plain no logo one you got looked sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by wet suit = no tourists View Post
    Nice pics!
    Did you surf the new board? Just wondering cause the same dude had another one posted for cheap the next day. Looked like the only difference was it had some goofy looking pin stripes on it. The plain no logo one you got looked sweet.
    yeah man I surfed it and it was gravy! Zero complaints. I definitely got it critical on a few waves and it did what I wanted. Its crazy lite for a glassed poly board, must be XTR resin or something. No logos or signature was unsettling at first, but hey, it works!

Highly recommend picking that other one up if its your dims.