LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Scobeyville View Post
    I dont know if anybody wants an update, but here it goes.
    I've been out here for exactly 1 month. Blew through a good chunk of money already just getting set up (apartment/furnishings/surfboards/wetsuits/skateboard/car insurance). the smog test in california is such bull****, my car wont pass so i have until 7-31 to get it fixed or i cant drive it... Just got hired at the place i really wanted a job today - more money than my job in ac which is dope.

I was getting ready to walk down the sketchy trail to blacks and i got a phone call from the ad agency i dropped a resume off at last week. I start Monday 8am, stoked!

The girls out here are *****es, but when you look like a homeless guy and drive a ****ty car i guess its inevitable.

Hell yeah dude, you're livin the dream!

Images
    This thread is going to have alot of people moving. haha

Moved to CA 4 years ago and haven't looked back. If you like the sun, nice weather, nice water, cool things to look at from the water, laid back people, better and more consistent surf then what are you waiting for? What is holding you back? You are wasting your life on the East Coast.

Quote Originally Posted by chilli21 View Post
    Moved to CA 4 years ago and haven't looked back. If you like the sun, nice weather, nice water, cool things to look at from the water, laid back people, better and more consistent surf then what are you waiting for? What is holding you back? You are wasting your life on the East Coast.
    Couldn't say it better. Hiking down the hochiman trail at blacks is an experience in itself. a little sketchy with a surfboard, but beautiful!!! I think ive surfed 24 out of the 30 days. I've been using my fun-board a lot and the fish when the buoys get over 3.0ft. Shoot me a pm chilli, show me a secret spot

Images
    Scobeyville, we still need to hit up my "secret spots" =) . Im in LJ everyday for work! Ive been surfing OB a lot lately though. The wife is due with the new baby any week now, so I have the lifeguards in OB on alert. If the wife goes into labor, she will call the guard station in OB and they will megaphone me in from the lineup at the pier. I promised the wife I would be accessable if she goes into labor. Shes like, what if you are at blacks or something and I cant get ahold of you for 3 hours.... So, needless to say ive been in front of the guard station on a daily.

But Im still working on that smog thing for you. I will PM you. There are some shady cats down in SE SD that may do it. It may cost you doulbe though. Again, ill hit you up.

yes we do! I gave you my # in the pm, hit me up. I start working monday so im gonna be getting the glass off's in pb from now on.....

Quote Originally Posted by Scobeyville View Post
    I have 100 days left in my lease, the job (not career) i am working at seems like its going nowhere. My boss drives me crazy - i was passed over for 2 promotions. I have no girlfriend, kids, student loans, pretty much anything keeping me here other than my family.
    I will have around $15k saved up by the time my lease is up... Should i say screw it and just go?

Just do it man... you got nothing to lose. It might be the best decision you ever make in your life; even if it doesn't work out you'll always be able to say you gave it a shot and you scored great waves. Who knows you might use the move as a jump off point to somewhere even better. If you have no ties holding you down then I say do it!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    Just do it man... you got nothing to lose. It might be the best decision you ever make in your life; even if it doesn't work out you'll always be able to say you gave it a shot and you scored great waves. Who knows you might use the move as a jump off point to somewhere even better. If you have no ties holding you down then I say do it!
    He did do it . Where have u been for the past 13 pages LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    He did do it . Where have u been for the past 13 pages LOL
    +1 literally, ROFL

yo scobes, need a roommate?, haha...I got to get out there...

haha bodhi. I've got zero regrets. I highly recommend it. Koki, my lease is up in 5 months - I signed a 6 month b/c its in section 8 hood status) save up and get out here