LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ragdolling View Post
    I was in the same situation when I was 27. Go.

I went to Latin America for 8 months and came back fluent in Spanish, which helped me land a better job when I returned the US. And I was able to explain the gap in my resume by saying I was studying Spanish. Surfed Ecuador, hiked the Andes and spent a crazy month and half criss crossing Cuba. My on regret is that I didn't surf a bit more.
    That is dope. Besides the not surfing as much as you'd like that is a solid life experience, good on ya.

zack619

Hey man I was just wondering where you thought was the best place to visit in San diego on vacation for surfing and variety of stuff to do? How is pacific beach, ocean beach, oceanside or any other surrounding areas.

Images
    MAN ****in go for it! i am a freshman in college at va wesleyan in va beach. i would killl to go to cali or HI right now. this la nina/ no surf winter bull**** is killing me haha. if you got that kinda deal go for it. you can make minimum wage and still live there, surf, rage, and all of the other good things that socal can provide (coughing on smoke....)

tibu35,

There is almost always some kind of rideable surf in OB and Oceanside....not so much in PB or Mission Beach. If the surf is good, OB and Oceanside are pretty much the last places you'd want to be....too many other quality spots will be going off.

Vacation? That all depends on what your "cup of tea" is. Lots of touristy stuff to do like Balboa Park, San Diego Zoo, Wild Animal Park, Sea World....all fun. If you like to party, there's no limit to the great watering holes in any part of the city.

Personally, be it vacation or establishing residence, I'd pick a part of town a little inland from the beach. Living near the water can get a little spendy and crowded. There are so many good places to chill and be only 15 minutes from a variety of breaks.

For vacation, I recommend Old Town. Check it out online.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    tibu35,

There is almost always some kind of rideable surf in OB and Oceanside....not so much in PB or Mission Beach. If the surf is good, OB and Oceanside are pretty much the last places you'd want to be....too many other quality spots will be going off.

Vacation? That all depends on what your "cup of tea" is. Lots of touristy stuff to do like Balboa Park, San Diego Zoo, Wild Animal Park, Sea World....all fun. If you like to party, there's no limit to the great watering holes in any part of the city.

Personally, be it vacation or establishing residence, I'd pick a part of town a little inland from the beach. Living near the water can get a little spendy and crowded. There are so many good places to chill and be only 15 minutes from a variety of breaks.

For vacation, I recommend Old Town. Check it out online.
    Thanks for the reply....my main concern is catching some waves.....as long as I get to surf I dont really care what I do the rest of the time.....going to santa cruz first to check out a school in the area and then maybe the town at night....if I have some extra dough I would like to see san diego....so will see what happens

Don't get me wrong, Sandy Eggo is cool and all....born and raised there, after all.

But if you're looking for surf, you may as well stay in SC. Although SD has very good surf, my personal belief is that SC is a bit better....because of the number of quality reefs and point breaks. Also, although SC is a bit crowded, a short drive north or south will take you to some pristine, uncrowded surf.

2 things to remember "up north":

1) You'll most likely be surfing with "The Landlord", and
    2) You might as well bring your 5/4, gloves, hood and booties.

Other than that, it's a piece of cake.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Don't get me wrong, Sandy Eggo is cool and all....born and raised there, after all.

But if you're looking for surf, you may as well stay in SC. Although SD has very good surf, my personal belief is that SC is a bit better....because of the number of quality reefs and point breaks. Also, although SC is a bit crowded, a short drive north or south will take you to some pristine, uncrowded surf.

2 things to remember "up north":

1) You'll most likely be surfing with "The Landlord", and
    2) You might as well bring your 5/4, gloves, hood and booties.

Other than that, it's a piece of cake.
    Yeah I wasn't 100 percent sure if I should bring a 5/4 or just the 4/3..... but I was gonna get one of these as well just incase...... but the tank sized sharks there would prolly crush right through it

http://www.neptunic.com/sharksuits_csuit.htm

A really good 4/3 ***might*** get you by, on the warmer days (DryLock, Freak, Psycho, etc) right now. But I prefer warmth. I'd start with a 4/3 around April / May, when the water starts getting back into the 50's.

Those sharksuits are a little extreme, but pretty cool looking....especially that chick that has the strap going up in her coochie.
    Last edited by kidrock; Feb 10, 2011 at 09:50 PM.

CALI IS WAY TO CROWDED!!!!!!! NOT WORTH IT!!!!!

Plus not to mention the radiation headed that way!

Told my boss yesterday im retiring. Last day of work is May 6th!
    Someone buy my 6'2 Quadra 6000 quad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $150 takes it
    Attached Images Attached Images