LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images

Dean had formed!!!

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/index.shtml?

Very sweet!! Looking forward to it...

Images
    The Gulf coasters need to keep a close eye on this one...

Is this going to help the north east at all? Lookin to see how this new stewart hydro hull longboard handles bigger waves.

Images
    were not going to see anything major with the current track, but moderate sized ESE/SE are looking to hit the East Coast for the beginning of the week.

Also, if it does move into the Gulf, keep an eye on it for any recurvature to the north.

The poor Gulf Coast

The Gulf Coast has had enough battering. I hope this thing sends us some fun surf and then pisses off to sea.

I was checking the Caribbean surf report for s&*^s and giggles, and Soup Bowl is expecting 8-12 foot surf, with possibly bigger sets if Dean becomes a Category 2.

*sigh*

Images
    yep barbados can go nuts on systems like this. Especially when they pass to the north and allow for offshore winds like this one looks to do.

Book your tickets now... but dont tell anyone I told you to.

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    yep barbados can go nuts on systems like this. Especially when they pass to the north and allow for offshore winds like this one looks to do.

Book your tickets now... but dont tell anyone I told you to.
    And when lucky you will catch it like the pic I posted on here. Damn those were a fun 3 weeks...

Images
    Here's the pic, for everyone who doesn't know what you are talking about:

9. another 25 sec blip on the hatteras buoy...could this poss be the beginning of the extreme long period swell? it looks to be strong groundswell even though it will pass b/w the leeward islands for dean current hatteras predictions are at around 5 ft and 12 sec periods by mon!

Quote Originally Posted by eastsidesponge View Post
    another 25 sec blip on the hatteras buoy...could this poss be the beginning of the extreme long period swell? it looks to be strong groundswell even though it will pass b/w the leeward islands for dean current hatteras predictions are at around 5 ft and 12 sec periods by mon!
    http://seaboard.ndbc.noaa.gov/statio...?station=41001

Yeah saw that...my guess would be that the buoy is seeing mixed up swell...some 6 second and some 8 second if you look at the other hours and the computer that interprets the buoy data gets mixed up trying to reconcile two swell periods into one actual swell period and comes up with 25. Thats just a guess but i doubt Dean kicked out some 25 second swell and it doesn't show on other buoys or other hours at 41001.

This is wierd...buoy off alabama picking up 25 second swell for just one hour??
    http://seaboard.ndbc.noaa.gov/statio...?station=42040
    Last edited by South Bethany; Aug 16, 2007 at 02:30 PM.