Quote Originally Posted by surfsidesurfs.com View Post
what a setup south to south central NC. the OBX is another ball game altogether, but Ocean Isle and Holden and Oak island or Kure CB. Wrightsville is always so fun and over there is the icing on the cake. waves in Topsail and up to the Emerald Isles. in there lots of good hollow wave potential. wb is getting really packed though. there is more beach between ff and cb so the guys spread a good bit. makes for less packed waves. i really consider myself pretty blessed to live within an hour or so to great quality wave potential. Gotta love those Carolinas.

I will assume your joking. Southern NC is the most frustrating place to be a surfer on the east coast (with the exception of SC & GA). Do you not realize that when we receive the same amount of swell as locations up north, we have far less size and power, which is directly caused by the fact the continental shelf is relatively farther offshore (ie it is way more shallow offshore causing the waves to disamate their power/size). Furthermore, we don't have that many options, especially when the wind is onshore; up north has a lot more jetties, coves, and protected areas. Can WB & CB even get double overhead? Of course we have surf reports claiming overhead surf on good swells, but I haven't seen anything above 1'-2' overhead in the last 5 years. Yes, we have our days, but more likely than not, other places are a lot better, unless you longboard and like knee high mush.