LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: seaside

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stoked4swell View Post
    no offense to anyone up on the north shore but Jersey gets worse as you go up the shore in my opinion. SOuth jersey is legit cape may county is legit. and you can take the ferry from delaware up to cape may, thats close enough to driving. cape may is good on a ne swell. but cape may isnt really "jersey".
    How is Cape May not really Jersey? Last time I checked, it is a known county and part of NJ. And I guess you have never surfed up North? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by rgnsup View Post
    How is Cape May not really Jersey? Last time I checked, it is a known county and part of NJ. And I guess you have never surfed up North? Lol
    Woahhhhh - i am from monmouth county, but i live in Brigantine now and surf all over south jersey. North gets WAY heavier without a doubt. South jersey is much more fickle

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Scobeyville View Post
    Woahhhhh - i am from monmouth county, but i live in Brigantine now and surf all over south jersey. North gets WAY heavier without a doubt. South jersey is much more fickle
    x2 The North can get heavier without a doubt.

Sleezside...haven't been there in years. Last time I was there got arrested for fighting....$1000 Bail. So , i stay far away from there cause I know I can easily get into it.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    It would be nice to come back home disease-free after a vacation.
    Better just go to outer Banks unless if you were single and looking for some chicas then I would recommend coming to nj in summer if your looking for cool atomoshere for you and your girl keep going to New England Summer in nj isnt so chill no parking spots crazy drunk college kids etc.. Surf here has been crazy crowded and with out local knowledge you will be stuck at a guarded beach that you paid 8 bucks each to get on to surf with 50 people...

Seaside Hts. is trashy, the businesses see you as simply someone to overcharge and underservice, the cops see you only as a revenue source for tickets and fines. Unless you like being around people who are generally uneducated, pushy, overweight, covered with bad tattoos, loud then avoid Seaside

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    Unless you like being around people who are generally uneducated, pushy, overweight, covered with bad tattoos, loud then avoid Seaside
    Thats what i like!!!!

Images
    ya the town sucks, cops are tough, super crowded in the summer....but its got some fun waves

and cape may is still jersey...just more country than urban

When you come over the Cape May bridge from Cape May to the GSP, there's a sign that reads, "Welcome to New Jersey"... like Cape May itself isn't part of it. When I used to live and work there, I used to refer to CM as "the Island" to all the tourists. It was a private joke we all played on the shoobs to get a little laugh inside our heads.

As for North v South... I surfed for the first 20 years of my life in S Jerz, and the last 20 in the North. Everything varies from swell to swell, but the North in general is bigger and more consistent, particularly if you include LBI which is geographically north of the halfway point between CM and Sandy Hook. From Little Egg Harbor south is generally smaller and less consistent, and generally an easier wave. Which is good and bad, IMO. An easier wave can be a more performance oriented wave, allowing you to do more turns. But a harder wave offers more challenge. I'd even go so far as to say I recommend a different quiver for North than South, but that's a personal preference.
    Last edited by LBCrew; Jan 26, 2011 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stoked4swell View Post
    no offense to anyone up on the north shore but Jersey gets worse as you go up the shore in my opinion. SOuth jersey is legit cape may county is legit. and you can take the ferry from delaware up to cape may, thats close enough to driving. cape may is good on a ne swell. but cape may isnt really "jersey".
    Ha cape may not in jersey ... you're a complete moron ... just move to kansas and start a surf club there

What is the big deal about cape may. Ok waves once a year. People get a boner about a place that faces south. On a big noreaster there are other places that get bigger and better than the sall takeoff spot/current/ and overcrowding at cape may.

Its a novelty spot.