LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 7S super fish

Right on Panicsurf

I am sick of people trying to make me feel guilty for buying a board made in Thailand. I surf a Anacapa Glider and the thing is pretty much identical to a CI Flier but a good $300 less. If anything, I think the Thai shapers are just as good or better because this job is important to them and it shows in the product. Outsourcing to Thailand wouldn't be happening if boards were not way to expensive to begin with. I can't justify spending $700 on something that can snap in one session. That being said, there are some great shapers in my area that are still able to keep costs down and my next board will definitely be from a local shaper because I want something specific.

Local shapers for custom boards: $575+
    Offshore, punch-out boards: $575+/-
    Brand name off the shelf boards: $700+
    Brand name custom: ++++

Support your local shop! Do your best to support your local shaper.

Don't let your friends of other kooks determine what you ride, ride what feels right and what you can afford.
    ________
    Buell XB12S
    Last edited by mrossj1; Jan 23, 2011 at 11:08 AM.

What does that mean?

MROSSJ1...what are you trying to say bro? Im not sure if I got your point, think about it and find a rebuttle that makes a little more sense. Im not putting you or anyone down, just a little healthy debate and intelligent discussion.

I paid 425 for a 5'9" superfish, that was pretty much the determinging factor for buying it, I own a couple boards shaped by a local guy as well, but I was looking for a small fish like that and didnt have much dough right before summer.

Cant beat 425 for a brand new ride

Thumbs down 7s

are you friggin kidding me, its a 7s, to tell you the truth i can remember about 5 years ago when i sucked, i wanted one, dont buy the kook board, get something local, LSR ( local shapers rule)

kook board?

man I could give a **** what people think of my board, I ride whatever I want
    if you can afford to get a 600+ dollar board every year go for it man, i'll be the kook sprayin you in the face

i just bought a 7'3 last weekend the board will catch just about anything its ridiculous

I have been riding for about six years and I bought a 7S 6'8'' super fish for back up, and it was a good price, for a good ride. I like the boards, they are fast and float like funboard but can cut like a shortboard with the right fin system. If you are just starting out the 7S superfish is good for you but any funshaped board is good to start with. I just wanted a back up board for those days in the summer when there is not much to ride but still want a nice ride.

brown barrel Guest
    7S's are fun. I ride the 5'9 model that I've had since they came out...it's been busted up since day 1 but knowing how to do repairs has kept her riding good. Not as good as good as when I first got her, but still fun. I take it out whenever it's small on not heavy enough for the shorty. Now if yo suck to begin with like some of the dudes on here hating, of course the board won't be fun. No such thing as a kook board...unless you count longboards hehehe j/k they are fun too but widely used by the kook variety.

I am a proud owner of a 6'3 superfish and I love it. It's really good for those small mushy days when you need a push but I have also ridden it on fun head high days and had an absolute blast. I belive it's good to support local shapers, but when I can get something that is so awsome for 350 I had to pick it up.