LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Longboard advice

Hello. I'm looking for a good single fin noserider. The Pearson Arrow CJ nelson longboard looks like it's exactly what I want, my only issue is that I only weigh 125 pounds. Can anyone suggest a good noserider for my weight?

Images
    Where u located ??? There is a used one on Woody's Surf and Skate in Rio Grande I belive its a 9'2 or 9'4 which would be good for you

I live in belmar new jersey. I'm willing to travel a couple hours tho

If i could tag onto this thread. last year I started riding a 8' walden magic which i liked then got a pearson arrow 9' twin for a good price which i liked much better. i think because of the length and not being epoxy.

however i am thinking about going longer, i weight about 145-150.

living inland i don't get out very often and am still learning. i am wondering if the twin fin set up on the pearson arrow is making it a little more difficult for me to get a solid glide across the face of the wave, though I know i still have learning to do there but feel it go mushy in the back when I try to get locked in. .

So how would a single fin set up and a longer board help get a good glide.

sorry if this is a derail of the thread

Matt knows...

At your weight, you can also consider EPS, which, heavily glassed, will last a good long time and still give you a smooth, glidey, singlefin ride. Noseriders don't need to flex (except the fin, if you like that feel), so a solidly built board would be wise. The same board in PU would be glassed a lot lighter, ding easier, have a shorter lifespan, and be the same weight.

I think weight is good on noseriders, and bigger guys need heavier boards. PU is a good choice for them. But at 125 you have more options.
    Last edited by LBCrew; Feb 4, 2011 at 12:29 AM.

Images
    Yeah a good nose rider should have these things

50/50 Rail

Single fin or 10 to 11 inches which a wide base

Weight

tail rocker

The width or the tail and the nose go in conjunction with the lenght and width of the board

Actually the best nose rider I have ever ridden is my Bing Elevator which is a flex deck

The Elevator is another animal... the flex is form the step in the front third, which flattens the entry for better trim when you're out on the nose. You might get some flex if you turn from the middle, but not if you drop knee or pivot turn. That's a highly specialized board, and a very cool ride. A true noserider...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LBCrew View Post
    The Elevator is another animal... the flex is form the step in the front third, which flattens the entry for better trim when you're out on the nose. You might get some flex if you turn from the middle, but not if you drop knee or pivot turn. That's a highly specialized board, and a very cool ride. A true noserider...
    Yeah exactly . To me that board is a no work noserider. Let the board trim itself up the the lip and as its doing it cross step and when you get to the nose you feel it lock in . All you have to do then is stand there look cool and know when to walk back towards the tail

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    Where u located ??? There is a used one on Woody's Surf and Skate in Rio Grande I belive its a 9'2 or 9'4 which would be good for you
    Do you know what brand/model it is? And do you recall how much it was? wildwood isn't to far

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by myorangefriend View Post
    Do you know what brand/model it is? And do you recall how much it was? wildwood isn't to far
    I will check today I am going there to see Chris the owner on my way to work . I will get u know later today