LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    make sure they are completely dry and put them in the freezer for 48 hours. This will kill all of the bacteria that causes them to be so funky. I have to do it to my boat shoes, it works.
    if that works that's the sickest thing i've learned in the past two weeks. (meaning of 'hot karl' is a close second.)...

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    its easy just pee on them to make them your smell. its the same thing dogs and cats do.

Images
    cat 5 wetsuit cleaner is the best stuff I ever used. You can use it to clean or deoderize . I use it on all my gear once a month depending on useage

just take a bath, and bring your suits and booties etc in with you. let them soak a while in the soapy water. freshensthem up a bit

but to reiterate what someone else said, you will never kill all the stench. just get used to it. its like hockey equipment. it smells. nothing you can really do.

I will have to try the freezer method. It makes sense logically. But then again, I leave my suits outside to dry in freezing temps and they still stink.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wontonwonton View Post
    Wash thoroughly with cool fresh water after EVERY session
    I hop in the shower with my wetsuit and get it nicely rinsed with freshwater after every single session. My suits never smell funky and the neoprene stays nice and supple for quite a while. I bring my boots and gloves in with me as well. Also, I don't piss in my wetsuit either so maybe that helps to keep it fresh as well.

that piss off stuff makes it smell like it's brand new. i've never had a problem with the smell after wards. it always has gotten rid of it.

Images
    I wouldnt recomend letting them hang dry in freezing cold temps . Neopren is a semi pours material . If the water freezes while still in the neprene it will cause the pours in the to expand which can cause damage to the suit . the fabric and neoprene will become weak and the suit will rip .

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darealm View Post
    I hop in the shower with my wetsuit and get it nicely rinsed with freshwater after every single session. My suits never smell funky and the neoprene stays nice and supple for quite a while. I bring my boots and gloves in with me as well. Also, I don't piss in my wetsuit either so maybe that helps to keep it fresh as well.
    i call BS everyone pisses in their suit its a fact of nature to piss in the suit.