LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by nalu222 View Post
    Never mind the piers for a moment, enforcement on that is obvious....What is the law regarding swimmers in surf zones?... I ask because last year I came pretty close to some swimmers inside the surf zone and luckily did not hit them...when I got out I asked one of the lifegaurds if they were allowed to be swimming there, and he just shrugged his shoulders at me. If the town is going to enforce these laws, then they should be fair and equal. Safety first.
    good thing you brought this up cuz it was 2 summers ago i was surfing in the surf zone and there was a swimmer with his kids pushing them into waves on their boogie boards in the surf zone. well i took off on a wave and he didnt move and i yelled and yelled well i hit him and i appologized but i guess it wasnt enough, cuz he told the lifeguards on the atv. now grant it im a local i live here in wb year round i surf year round all the lifeguards know me basically. and the lifeguard told me that the surf zone is actually a "multi purpose zone" which means anyone can be in there. i told him it wasnt fair that we surfers are put into a spot but swimmers arent and that if a swimmer is in our territory we have free reign to hit them and not be held responisble, since the swimmer is in our territory.

the double standard as far as swimmers in the surf zones is quite annoying. although in the summer it can get crowded to the point where surfing would be dangerous, on one specific crowded weekend day last summer, surfers made thirty something saves. i bet for some of these saves surfers paddled into a "no surf zone"...the horror

i guess what im trying to say is; yeah, if you swim near a someone surfing you/your kid/your friend might catch a surfboard to the face or body, but if you float too far out and fall off your boogie board a surfer will not hesitate to make sure you're ok. therefore, not allowing surfers in certain areas is not only counterintuitive, but dangerous as well. if someone drowns in wb this year, im blaming the town of wb for not allowing a surfer to be there.