LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bushwood, so you lived in Yuuuuuuuuullllleeeee! Yeah, that place is as country as Florida gets. No offense. But wow, I could have a decent house there, not exactly beachfront, but minutes from the beach with what I'm paying for an apartment here.

upgraded Yulee

I lived on "the island". I lived with my dad basically a block from the "strip" in downtown Fernandina beach and in the condos right at the pier in Fernandina. I moved from Portsmouth VA at 14 down there for two years. Started surfing thre cause the pier was basically right out my back door. An old 4/3 wetsuit that was a size too big and a 1982 WRV quad fin with more duct tape than foam.... But after getting the basic down i upgraded equipment then the "travel assistance " for my dad ran out so we got a cheap old apartment in downtown fernandina. That island is a cool place i almost packed up my family 8 years ago moved down but I thought prices were too high.... I could have bought a brand new 2400 sq ft,4 bedroom 3 bath house with screened in inground pool on the island for $160k and i thought it was too expensive... Wow was i wrong! Same house is now $320k even in bad ecmnomy. The island is 12 miles long ans two miles wide at the widest point cool place to live.

No offense taken

No offesne taken man i was a young teen, parents divorced so my Dad wanted out of town. He is in civilian service so transferred down to Georgia and he moved us to Fernandina. Like everyone else i had no choice where i lived as a kid so no offense taken McLovin.

Well, I surfed VB yesterday, small waves but the 70 degree air temps were welcomed. Drove down to North FL to see some family for the holiday weekend, this was how it looked when I surfed this morning:

www.911surfreport.com

More swell for both areas tomorrow, w00t!

eh i can't stand jacksonville. too many bad lovelife experiences there! the surf looks decent though. nothing spectacular, but if it's like that most days at least it's rideable. i never got the chance the surf in jacksonville.

warm and consistent,small and mushy and crowded...

Images
    I lived in south florida for 6 months, and central for 5 months. Atleast from what i sall the midatlantic has more consistent swell. We have just had a off winter. South florida is usually like a pond.