LOGIN | REGISTER

View Poll Results: Winter Surf Season 10/11

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Best Winter EVER!

3 4.92%
  • Select few days were OK, but have seen much better.

27 44.26%
  • Weak overall, glad I had other things to do.

23 37.70%
  • I quit!

8 13.11%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Winter 10/11

Images

Winter 10/11

Just a quick poll on how you rate this winter surf season. Thanks for playing.

i have hopes the best is still to come.

when there were waves, they were awesome. not enough days with waves though

Not enough OK days. Either great or horrible.

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wontonwonton View Post
    Not enough OK days. Either great or horrible.

this. very few days that were okay. some epic days, but also some flat weeks

uh,i voted,but,there is already a thread below about this awful surf winter

Images
    we still have some winter left, but again, it has been a lackluster winter on all coasts. From the Midatlantic to Hawaii, it has been typical everywhere but nothing to write home about. They usually predict lack of swell during la ninas, but on la nina years in the past decade, I remember outstanding swells. Huge sh** coming in on a few occasions. Nothing like that this year. No Eddie. A couple mediocre days at mavericks. The north shore has its typical HH-DOH barrels everywhere, but while that sounds amazing, it is typically unridably large for a lot of the season there, and it has just been fun and rippable. Similar to CA. Clean, fun surf but no barrels you can park a bus in.

It will come. It has to.

west coast was epic

was lucky enough to spend time out there, about a month, this winter. they had weeks straight of good surf multiple different times. often 1.5x overhead , double overhead, even triple. and clean. rarely as small as chest high. not kidding. epic winter for them.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by satanv View Post
    was lucky enough to spend time out there, about a month, this winter. they had weeks straight of good surf multiple different times. often 1.5x overhead , double overhead, even triple. and clean. rarely as small as chest high. not kidding. epic winter for them.
    Yeah, but its usually bigger. I havent gone past my 6'3 shortboard yet this winter. I havent seen TOH anything really down here. Its been DOH+ max. Fun days on the reefs, but nothing huge. None of the big wave spots in SD have woken up at all. I work above the cove and it has not broken once yet this winter. It usually has 5-7 days per year with nice clean TOH+ faces. Nothing yet. Just baby white sharks out there. There has been surf everyday, but nothing to even get your nerves up. I haven't had that "Ohh sh**, its pretty f'in big out there" feeling yet... There is still hope. We get the solid NWs through March. Once I have that session where I flop on the sand afterwards, thanking the skies to be alive, then the winter arrives. Right now it just feels like an extended fall.

Images
    The few days there were waves they were amazing.