LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: no wax surfing

no wax surfing

just curious , can you surf with zero wax in the summer , while wearing reef booties just for grip?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by staystoked View Post
    just curious , can you surf with zero wax in the summer , while wearing reef booties just for grip?
    Yeah its call Sponging. (not insulting Spongers)

Why would you want to? You're so restricted during winter, it's nice to trunk it!! Good luck on your testing this summer

I don't want to... I'm just curious if those 1mill reef boots are grippy enough to take on a bare board.

Hey bro, only way to find out is try it! One of those small fun days, whip them out and do it! lol

Lay down a lumpy hotcoat...you know, wait for it to gell, then keep brushing... then scratch it up with 60 grit and go for it.

shoot man i think wax keeps me on the board while paddling just as much as while riding. Better wear your reef vest too if your going to 86 the wax.

dont rip on him for a question...wax is expensive anyway

Images
    i dont wax my board, i wax my feet and my chest. nothing like rubbing a bar of wax all over your nips on a hot summer day...

Wax is good , but its not great... I'm just curious about the alternatives.

But for now I got a heavy coat of sticky bumps that turns brown faster than a banana, ,,, when its in the Atlantic.