LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: no wax surfing

Quote Originally Posted by stoked4swell View Post
    dont rip on him for a question...wax is expensive anyway
    Who's buys wax? I always get it for free @ my local shop ... I might have bought 3 bars in honestly the past 10+ yrs

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Karl View Post
    Who's buys wax? I always get it for free @ my local shop ... I might have bought 3 bars in honestly the past 10+ yrs

Use don't abuse bro

Quote Originally Posted by staystoked View Post
    Wax is good , but its not great... I'm just curious about the alternatives.
    Someone makes skateboard like griptape for surfboards. I'm not sure who off the top of my head. I don't know if it's any good either, but you should be able to find it with a quick search.

Images
    just go 80's style and get the front trak top...

Images
    There are Organic alternative waxes that are just as good as the top makers if thats what your worried about. I also remeber seeing at the NJ Surf Museume in Tuckerton , NJ a spray on traction in a spray can but I dont think u can get at anymore

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    There are Organic alternative waxes that are just as good as the top makers if thats what your worried about. I also remeber seeing at the NJ Surf Museume in Tuckerton , NJ a spray on traction in a spray can but I dont think u can get at anymore

Yeah I remember reading about spray on traction... sounds cool but it never cought on..

Quote Originally Posted by Driftingalong View Post
    Someone makes skateboard like griptape for surfboards. I'm not sure who off the top of my head. I don't know if it's any good either, but you should be able to find it with a quick search.
    PEACE OUT, NIPPLES!

I love wax. I love its smell, I love its taste, i love using it. I think its soothing to wax up while you plan the paddle out. Waxing a fresh board for the first time? Its like a breaking bottle to christen a new sailboat.

Quote Originally Posted by leethestud View Post
    PEACE OUT, NIPPLES!

I love wax. I love its smell, I love its taste, i love using it. I think its soothing to wax up while you plan the paddle out. Waxing a fresh board for the first time? Its like a breaking bottle to christen a new sailboat.
    I feel the same way. I'm sticking to wax! (literally)

Images

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by wallysurfr View Post
    just go 80's style and get the front trak top...
    to quote a Surfer article that discussed this matter, I "prefer the meat/skin on my ribs to permanent good footing"

edit: I know I butchered the actual quote but it was something like that

I think surf traction needs to evolve.