LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Theres no way a Kookbox is worth the price - Joel Tudor may be one of the best longboarders to have ridden a wave but his boards are overpriced. I'd take a Brian Wynn, Tim Nolte, Legend, or an Austin Board over a Kookbox anyday - even if I had the money to blow !

Quote Originally Posted by banxsurfer View Post
    Just thought I would drop a little info for anyone wanting high-end shapes at reasonable prices. surfboardbuilders.com has awesome shapers and ship to your door. . I have been riding Hank Warner shapes for a long while now. Met him while living in San Diego. He is a real shaper and a good dude. He shapes the Kookbox label and he and Skip Frye shaped together in Pacific Beach, both shaping forever. He doesn't have the Skip Frye price but all the skills. Hank puts out some of the best Longboards/Fish in the world...sans Skip!
    It's shocking just the used Skip Frye's bring premium dollars; just for giggles trolled the S.D. craigs list. A 30 year old Frye rode hard and in crappy shape for $500 then on the high end $2800 for an almost new Frye Eagle. Some shop near La Jolla specializing in used Frye's prices started at $1600. Skip shaped most of my boards just wished I have kept them especially the Fish.

Mayn dawg. Get money dawg........but anyway

Its the surfer that does the surfing. Ive surfed these bro brah 1000 dollar boards and then ive surfed NSP with plastic fins and a screwed on traction pad. Both do fine if you match the board with the conditons.

Its more about shape and length than bro bra hipster factor. And its great to get two boards instead of one expensive board that you are scared to break.

Images
    I have been toyin with gett a KB I like there moontail board alot. It looks alot to like the Cooperfish Device . I am having wynn shape me a Noserider probally at the end of the month . I am still a loyal to Bing it just I got 2 right now and My cut of my income tax is not a big as I like. Got some house prodjects I am gonna finish and I wanna do a cpl upgrades to my New Surf Wagon so I decide to have Wynn shape me a Noserider . Its gonna be a cross between a Bing Noserider and a little twist on what I want .

I will probally order a bing in the Fall I really like there new Levitator I know a guy who has one I wanna try it out to make sure its to my liking

not to mention In The Eye can do anything those ripoff californians can,too, only better, for a lot less money and no california hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck white View Post
    It may be a top quality board just like a Ferrari. How many of your friends drive Ferrari's & are willing to take a chance with them parking in crowded parking lots & not get a ding...Same reason as why you don't see any of your friends taking a $ 800-$ 1,000 board to the surf beach to bang around with with the guys who drove to the beach in a car with 4 different colors of paint & the bumpers beaten nearly off. That price is still unrealistic to most surfers & if they shelled out that kind of money for a board, it would be rarely used or a "collector" board.
    I absolutely agree with you chuck.That is a high price for surfboards and not that many people have that kind of money or would ever deem it reasonable. There are definately more fords on the road than ferraris . And thats why all ford drivers look over at the ferrari when sitting at a stop light. Its never the other way around.

Ferraris are maintenance nightmares that are not very reliable and mostly driven by douche bags who absolutely are way over their head when they get behind the wheel (I've had a lot of dealings with them over the years and no I've never owned one). If you definitely want to get where you’re going - drive the Ford. I'd take a Ford GT (no not the Mustang) over a Ferrari any day. Kinda applies to some of the guys with the designer type boards.

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Recycled Surfer View Post
    Ferraris are maintenance nightmares that are not very reliable and mostly driven by douche bags who absolutely are way over their head when they get behind the wheel (I've had a lot of dealings with them over the years and no I've never owned one). If you definitely want to get where you’re going - drive the Ford. I'd take a Ford GT (no not the Mustang) over a Ferrari any day. Kinda applies to some of the guys with the designer type boards.
    bro my dad owns a ferrari and he is not the type to own one. he inherited it from his dad who owned half of fisher price toys. and they would always work on it themselves and it still ran but it needs work done on it now and my dad doesnt have the time to work on it plus we dont have the garage space to put it.

Images
    What it boild down to in the end is Style and personal preference. I rather buy a longboard from someone who has been made the template for which all others copied.
    I just prefer to keep it simple and clean , Boards, shorts , wetsuits and my style. I keep is simple clean

i drive a ford and i make my own boards. Doesnt get any cheaper than that. but i dont think guys that drive ferraris are all deuche bags. if you got the money get the toy. nothing wrong with having what you want and if you feel the board is worth the price by all means. i do agree though that sometimes having a board of that price is for fluff. So in order to make my point lets not use ferraris. you seem to hate them. so instead lets use surfboards, lets say the difference between a **** brewer and a rusty. There is definately no comparison between the two. both are good but one has a reputation that far exceeds the other in every category except price. I personally feel a **** brewer is worth the price. Simple business, if you are crazy busy, your prices arent high enough. people must be paying what these guys are asking or they wouldnt be in business.