LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Images

Good Read on Surfers Ear in the AC press today

Interesting article. I think alot of people have ear problems with the surf and ocean and not just frequent, cold water surfing. I've had many ear aches after being in the ocean. I have a friend who only goes to the ocean for 1 week each summer, and he's had to go to the ER 2x in recent years to get treated for severe ear pain after swimming and playing in the surf. Now he always brings ear plugs or just doesn't go in.

Images
    I know I should wear plugs but half the time I forget them . My ears are already bad since I have the the first stages of tinitus which is a ringing in my ears. Its not consatant but it comes and goes alot and it not to the point to wear the ringing over powers other noise. I just get lazy from time to time . Something I gotta work on

Have an Uncle with tinitus. He reduced his salt intake (food) and it mada a major difference.

Images
    ya, i know this topic has been discussed quite a bit on these forums... just do a search for "surfers ear". I unfortunately deal with ear/sinus problems, and the ENT doc told me I have surers ear - but not terrible.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Have an Uncle with tinitus. He reduced his salt intake (food) and it mada a major difference.
    Yeah I have done that and it has reduced the over whelming ringing attacks alot . I still can here the ringing but it has to be very quiet in order for me to here it

interesting

What's the correlation between salt and ear pain ??

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by staystoked View Post
    What's the correlation between salt and ear pain ??
    I belive it has something to do with blood flow . I never really did and reasearch on it I just kow when I was about 16 I use to get a ringing in my ears . Sometimes it would go away after a cpl seconds sometimes it took awhile. I went to the Dr and thats when I was told I has a tinitus and that is wasnt severs and could be corrected over time . Changed my diet and the ringing out breaks have become less frequents. cold water makes it act up depending on how long and how exposed my ears are

I feel like everyone experiences ear ringing from just tech. In general And cell phone radiation

I saw a add in surf mag for a portable hot air ear dryer for surfers .. you should buy one.

Just curious .Anyone know how cold the water has too be to really get any effects on Surfers ear?