LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wave pool!

wave pool!

THIS IZ INSANNNNNNNNNO! i could see this bein very profitable in bumble**** idaho or jus abowt NEWHERE! they said it takes more $$ to generate bigger wave sizez. not sure what actually propelz thu wave either. this iz jus prototype. but i'd pay 2 surf flawless glassy long wavez sure!

clip 13 showz jordy, roy, bobby surfin it.
    http://www.surfline.com/surf-news/ne...country_52498/

damnnn...i want one!

Images
    I saw this yesterday. Not a fan at all. Im against the commiditization of surfing. Surfing is great because its you and nature. Sometimes you have to wait for waves which although frustrating makes the days of nice waves even better. Why not just pop a pill to get the high you get from surfing? I say take this and the wave jet, package them up and send them to the moon never to return. Refining the shape of a board to create longer smoother rides or more responsive turning is great but adding mechanical technology to surfing makes no sense to me.

I heard they put a couple sharks in there... just to keep it real.

hehe...

well, this would come in handy on winter flat spells like the one wee've been enduring...i'd rather pay 10bux to surf this thing after work, than nothing at all, even just once a week! i think they're on to something big here. and you could build one of these beasts in Pennsylvania if u wanted! surfing would become available in any state! think of the increase in board sales/surfing industry! would propel it EXPONENTIALLY!

Images
    i want to build one! lets build one on the east coast.... need funding, cant be to expensive though other then the land.. i mean im from the country so i got friends with backhoes and stuff this could be done.

Quote Originally Posted by RID View Post
    I saw this yesterday. Not a fan at all. Im against the commiditization of surfing. Surfing is great because its you and nature. Sometimes you have to wait for waves which although frustrating makes the days of nice waves even better. Why not just pop a pill to get the high you get from surfing? I say take this and the wave jet, package them up and send them to the moon never to return. Refining the shape of a board to create longer smoother rides or more responsive turning is great but adding mechanical technology to surfing makes no sense to me.
    I agree...I am a fan of promoting surfing as much as possible but I feel that this is taking things too far. Sure, I would love to pay for the convenience of paying a few $$ to catch some waves after work, but that is not why I surf. Surfing to me is an adventure and a way to take some time to enjoy something that not everyone fully appreciates. Packaging it into a theme park ride will take away a lot of what makes surfing so fun and will breed a generation of surfers who don't appreciate the true meaning of surfing.

8. Cant beleive you mofo's are hating on this!!!

I know I've been working on too much environmental **** at work that when i see this, my first thought was "god that's a lot of water"

Images
    If you want to surf go to the ocean.
    Last edited by RID; Feb 17, 2011 at 07:32 PM.