LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wave pool!

1. not everyone lives by the ocean you mark!!!

Images
    HAHAHA "mark" am I back in 1989?
    Last edited by RID; Feb 17, 2011 at 08:56 PM.

only problem iz ocean flat all thu time

more people riding these things would mean less people at the breaks.. seems like a no brainer. I want to win the lottery and build one in my backyard

all the haters are full of it if there was one on long Island you all would try it, but it would be as crowded as a august saturday at gilgo so it probably wouldent be worth it because it is too small, and the big ones are so expensive that it isnt realistic, they had a huge one in japan that blew the one on surfline away but the upkeep cost is unreal, so much so that it had to close http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L0KEauY7ug

Images
    man i just wish the ocean had waves that perfect all the time... because most of the time we actually get good surf, i cant make it out. i dont have a car up here because im a student and i have to bum from people and the other thing is the days we have perfect swell i have class or ensambles that i fail if i skip... sucks i think that the east coast should just start having consistent 6 foot swell with offshore winds every day. thats my take

Images
    bigger waves not only need more energy to generate the size, but also deeper water. The maximum wave height size is equal to that of the depth. That wave pool there was very very shallow (~3ft), so it would be impossible to generate a wave height any taller.

I'm sure we will see more and more wave pool/machines pop up as the technology gets better. Not sure if I"m a fan or not, I've never tried one.

Images
    I just watched the video... Looks like that has the potential to create a wave with a good amount of energy. The 2-3 ft waves that were coming in were not weak at all.

i def. surf it

10. sorry man, just going threw Swell Withdrawal lol I could appreciate a Wave Garden right about now.