LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: baby wipes?

No surf = talk about poo

Images
    a bidet is only 25 bucks?

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Shredly View Post
    If you use baby wipes or any other wipes, even the "flushable" type, consider yourself partly responsible for our surface waters being as polluted as they are. These wipes are a huge strain on a sewer system. They bind with other solids and have been found directly responsible for thousands of individual sewer spills. The "flushable" type are just that. Flushable. Sure they'll go down the drain, but will remain intact for months.

Get your head out of you a**. Everything flows downhill. Think beyond what is directly in front of you.
    This post reminds me of a funny story that my sister used to tell. She went to TA&MU for her undergrad and masters, so this is an Aggie anecdote. She was datin some boy and went over to his and his two roommate’s place. Like most college aged guys’ places, the maid hadn’t exactly been giving it the white glove treatment. On top of that, these boys were real poor, like vulturing food off abandoned trays down at the Memorial Student Center poor. Well, while she’s visiting, she feels a need to use the facilities. She heads into the bathroom and starts looking for that essential for all setters, lavatory paper. Low and behold, it is lacking. There are some really funky smelling, stained towels hanging around and the usual mold, piss on the floor and what not, but no TP. So she heads back into the living room and interrupts the fellas' football revelry and asks where’s the toilet paper. Well, they all look sheepishly at each other until one finally owns up to the fact that they’re all too cheap or broke to go out and buy some. However, chivalrously like the gentleman he was, he offered up a solution, “You can use my towel.”

Yep, apparently towels aren’t flushable either.

I think she broke up with him after that.

I used wet wipes occasionally, then started using them every time. I thought they were great, it was like a shower fresh clean after every duece. I realized that I had developed an allergy to some of the chemical preservatives about a year later. Look it up online, apparently it's not uncommon. There's a ton of preservatives in them so they don't get all moldy. I had to stop clean. The itching has gone away and a dry wipe isn't so bad, I don't miss the wipes. It was really a downward spiral; all was good, then thought I needed to use more because I wasn't clean enough because of itching, until I realized that my solution was the cause...beware...results will vary depending on user, brand, and preservatives (my wife has no issues). I used ShopRite store brand flushables. Never a clogged toilet.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 34thStreetSurfing View Post
    a bidet is only 25 bucks?
    Yep. And for the itchy butt'd environmentalist this is a no brainer

http://www.amazon.com/Joy-Bidet-Non-...keywords=bidet

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitiedred View Post
    (my wife has no issues).
    thanks for the heads up

Images
    I used to use 80 grit sandpaper...i stopped...it was a pain in the butt

Yes! The baby Wipe thread is back! It's not a real flat spell til the topic turns to poop.

Both my kids are toilet trained now. And i gotta say the only thing I miss about the diaper days is not having baby wipes handy - for my own use.

Images
    hahahaha i forgot how priceless this thread was

Images

a clean machine

carry them in my car....for my hands. then they go in the trash. that sloppy in-n-out burger grease comes right off with the wipe... no greasy steering wheel for me