LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Traction Pad

Traction Pad

Bought an FCS traction pad real cheap but its ugly as hell, I want to spray paint it a solid gray or white. Has anyone done this and if so has the paint stayed on the pad or chipped off
    Any other suggestions to color it would be appreciated. Thanks

why paint it ? it has no effect on performance. I have never once been in the lineup and said man that guys such a ripper but check out his trac pad its funny looking, no one cares, Have you ever used spray paint or any paint for that matter it all wears off at some point , and with your trac pad your going to have your foot all over it your going rub on it while you paddle so no no matter how many coats you give its prob not going to last very long .

Images
    yeah man just leave it, who cares how it looks. i have some dakine girls pad on my boards cause they were on sale for like $10. they are real girly colors and designs but i could care less as long as they work

The spray paint will probably melt the foam partially. If it is that ugly, just don't put it on. Maybe try waxing the heck out of it to cover the design. Or just go without a trac pad...I often question their necessity

Color it in with a perm. marker. It may run a bit but if you hate lookin at it its worth it.....

i mean the only thing paint can do is make the traction pad more slippery, so dont do it, its real dumb. also, you would just look like a tool with a spray painted traction pad

Images
    I mean, i doubt it will damage the pad much. So go for it. Paint it, but it will chip off. You will have to respray it alot. I understand the pad thing, I refuse to buy a performance shortboard and not use one. Even my fish have them. They are too useful. I use the trac pad to line up on almost every turn. Surfing without one will fu** your style up a bit. You will be a touch to far up, or slide off the back when you rotate the tail... Paint it and put it on.

Sharpie will last longer than paint.

I feel they're really a necessity on any PSB, because the sweet spot is so small. But I don't put them on my fish or my big wave board. On the fish I just like to go old school, and on the big gun I just don't feel the need for one... bigger sweet spot, bigger turns... not too much sideways pushing like on a shortboard. Just personal preference...

You should be-dazzle it! LMAO

Images

I've never seen the point of punting airs. . .

but please tell me what the point behind "track pads" is? Is it to prevent heel dents in the deck, improve traction, add weight, give you more leverage for air, or just to sell you another piece of equipment?