LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Old....

Old....

I know , I know, cry me a river!!! I just wanted to vent. Middle school, high school surfed all the time, then after high school, San Diego, Outer Banks, FL VA, etc, still did lots of surfing. Got married..... live an hour and a half from the beach now, not the normal 30 minute drive. (with lights, etc) I miss the 5:30 am smell of salt air!!!!!!!

Images
    aw man...you're toast!

Images
    Solution ..........

Move if you can sell your house Move closer to the shore and commute to work.

I rather drive a hour to work than a hour to the beach but thats just me

Lost - I like toast! lol Yeah Matt, I would love too, but the wifey doesn't understand! She works for U of D and we are 10 minutes away. Don't kill me, but the waves don't pay the billls. I also work northern DE It's still worth the drive!!!

I lived almost 2 hours from the beach after I got married, grew up right down the street. It took some getting used to and a lot of other activities to fill in the time. I tried for years to make the drive every swell but after missing the good wind, good tide etc so many times I gave up. For 3 - 4 years I only surfed a handfull of times, I got fat and got really good at fly fishing. After a while I couldn't take it and since we always vacationed down near OCMD my wife and I decided to sell everything and move down here. 10 years now living within eyeshot of Assategue Island and I can't imagine anything else. I surf just about every swell year round and it's great. Don't mean to rub it in just saying it is possible. BTW, my wife still works in NJ and commutes up for 2.5 days a week to manage her business.

Damn you Zippy! LOL Thanks Matt - Moving is not an option. I did not gain weight, just slowly starting to get out of shape and have def lost my line up status! I am not saying I am Slater, but I can hold my own.

Images
    I go to U of D and i cant stan the distance from a beach...

34th wanna commute? LOL Surfin with Bros is better than fightin wiht hoes! HAHA AHA Don't tell my wife!

It only gets harder.....

gets easier now with kids grown and gone,nothing to do but surf