LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    I wasnt trying to single out your post S2Kreative, i thought the link you added had shed new light on everything for me and was the cause for my posted opinion thats all. this has been a heated thread so i wanted to clear that up. Also To everyone I think Zippy's post about Sunny not using baby wipes was the best yet. NO HATING JUST DEBATING

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 420 View Post
    when it comes to my son id **** everybody up. i know its not right but i would. im just being honest. id lose it i think. you dont **** with my son.Its obvious Sunny needs anger management. i think he just lost it and the guy seems to do it too often. as somebody said earlier, this is going to end badly for sunny. I think everyone is just tired of this guys temper tantrums and even though this might be understandable ( I SAID MIGHT BE BE EVERYONE although very wrong) nobody cares to sympethize or understand. They are just tired of it as it seems to continue.
    Is the hui a gang? The more I think about it the more they seem just as bad as the bloods or crypts or whatever they are these days. Gangs are known for drugs, money and violence. Throw surfing in there and you got the hui. Or whatver they call themselves, bra boys or something. Are they the same? Bad move dropping the charges. I would have gotten my family out of there and stood my ground to see it through.

Of course that's easy for me to say from behind my comp screen on the east coast.

There's no need for that type of violence. Its just ackward. Watching that made me uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by goofy footer View Post
    To me, It appears Garcia was acting out some revenge after he had the surfer subdued as you can hear a woman yell "Oh my God someone stop him". When you see the cameraman abrasions obliviously clear evidence of an assault that doesn't help the claim Garcia was defending his son. I guess you can label it "Pro Surfers acting badly"
    THANK YOU. It was already over at that point. I think it would be entirely appropriate to exchange words calmly and express that it's not okay to mess with my son. Immediately afterward I would take my son aside and let him know that this is surfing. There's no need to throw fists. That's uncalled for, and to chase after the guy like Sunny did...he's basically setting the example to his son that violence is an acceptable recourse.

Sometimes swallowing one's pride, having a firm conversation, and ending it there is the best option. Embarking on a path of vengeance starts a cycle of retributive violence that NEVER ends. The Hui and other in Hawaii are stuck in this cycle, just like North Baltimore neighborhoods I mentioned before. If you don't believe me, ask Zach how things work there (hope you don't mind me offering your opinions...):

Guy looks at guy in wrong way.
    Guy talks #%$.
    Guy shoots guy.
    Guy shoots guy's brother.
    Guy shoots guy's sister and other random guy by accident.
    Random guy's brother gets involved and shoots someone else...
    ...the cycle goes down this endless path that's almost impossible to stop.

That's how this works. Revenge is never satisfied.

Example: A friend of mine in Bolton Hill (Baltimore neighborhood off North Ave) just lost his 24 month old niece to gun violence. I can't imagine the feelings that must have gone through his head, and I would never claim to be a fair judge of someone who has experienced this. Despite the pain, I heard the words "What else can I do? I forgive him. If I don't forgive and lash out in response, then I haven't changed anything."

Those simple words of forgiveness and peace showed me more manliness than anything I've ever seen. This guy's baby niece got shot, and he swallowed the rage and forgave. How can we not do the same in surfing, which is supposed to be an enjoyable diversion?

Quote Originally Posted by wallysurfr View Post
    Is the hui a gang? The more I think about it the more they seem just as bad as the bloods or crypts or whatever they are these days. Gangs are known for drugs, money and violence. Throw surfing in there and you got the hui. Or whatver they call themselves, bra boys or something. Are they the same? Bad move dropping the charges. I would have gotten my family out of there and stood my ground to see it through.

Of course that's easy for me to say from behind my comp screen on the east coast.

There's no need for that type of violence. Its just ackward. Watching that made me uncomfortable.
    the bra boys are from Australia and the hui from Hawaii. I agree totally. I definatlly would not have fled. Then again he wouldnt have pushed me down and i wouldnt be the one marked up.

Images
    Karma is a ***** isnt it Flores LOL

http://www.aspworldtour.com/2011/02/...ro-gold-coast/

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    Karma is a ***** isnt it Flores LOL

http://www.aspworldtour.com/2011/02/...ro-gold-coast/
    you need a life outside of swellinfo, your a *****.

The HAW surf contingent are bullies, cut & dried.

Guys like Garcia & that complete jackass Kala Alexander are just drug-dealing hypocrites.

'Thugs' is the common term these days.

Eddie Rothman is the most powerful person on the North Shore. Why? Because he is the biggest meth dealer on the island, he has locals, cops & judges in his pocket through bribes, fear or aggressive & violent intimidation. The feds don't touch him because in the big picture he's a small island fish & because the locals won't testify against his SoCal haole arse.

Hawaiians talk incessantly about respect & props. They just never give it. This is because what they're really talking about is greed (all waves for only Hawaiians), money (from drug sales to locals & haoles), and power (over local pols).

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyB View Post
    Believe me I have a life but thanks for being so concerned.

I have done more stuff by 10am than you have done all day .

I think it real conveinent that Flores is not out with a injury after being asked to sit out the event

9. Quote Originally Posted by DaveyB View Post
    Hahaha qft

Images
    matt, i agree. I smell bullsh!t too. Looks like to save face (and more importantly sponsors) someone gave him an option to fake an injury or face the humiliation of being kicked off the tour.