LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

do someting useful & make some money

SandRidge Energy Inc.'s (SD, Trade ) shares gained 15% after the oil and natural-gas exploration company late Thursday hiked its full-year production outlook and said it would sell property in New Mexico for $200 million.

I'm surprised now to see this thread still going.. No one should argue with the fact that everyone should worry less what everyone else is riding/doing, I just thought it was funny that something like that was being sold at Costco (I certainly wasn't implying that if you ride a foam board, you're a piece of sh*t...).

Images
    come to think of it, there's a guy who enters the lineup once every year for the past 2 OR 3 summers who must be riding one of these things. Its a pink foam longboard about 3-4 inches thick in the middle. He paddles out on his knees and stays waaay outside and catches everything. He doesn't exactly rip but he knows what he is doing. After I get over the, 'look at this guy' attitude, by the end of his 20th ride I'm saying to myself, "goddamn!!!" He doesn't get in anyones way and doesnt wave hog, but its so interesting to watch a guy have so much stoke on a 9 foot sponge.

pray costco doesn't start selling SUPs for 99$....

Images
    http://www.catchsurf.com//s...surfboard.html

thoughts on the beater, one and super one. same principle i figure, more quality and workmenship. plus pretty fun.

thats sweet as sh*t!

Damn, now I'm thinking about getting one of these things to play with hahaha!

Images
    Most people are completely oblivious to the fact so obvious to Surfers of a higher level of surfing spirituality. The board does not make the Surfer, the combination of Soul and Stoke interacting harmoniously with the Wave is what makes the Surfer.

Oh please, we were all beginners once. I have a Costco surfboard in my garage, it is GREAT for learning. Before you are accustomed to the ocean it's pretty easy to get knocked around, I'm sure you remember what that felt like. Getting thwacked with a foam board is a lot less painful than taking fiberglass to the face. Get off of your god damned high horse and let everyone enjoy the sport. Obesity is a problem so maybe if you prissy little "locals and pros only" clique-heads would be more welcoming to newcomers, than those little kids and other newcomers wouldn't get discouraged and they would get some exercise! The ocean wasn't created for you to rule it! Share the waves! Surfing is an amazing sport and if you truly love it you should want to share it with the world.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    Oh please, we were all beginners once. I have a Costco surfboard in my garage, it is GREAT for learning. Before you are accustomed to the ocean it's pretty easy to get knocked around, I'm sure you remember what that felt like. Getting thwacked with a foam board is a lot less painful than taking fiberglass to the face. Get off of your god damned high horse and let everyone enjoy the sport. Obesity is a problem so maybe if you prissy little "locals and pros only" clique-heads would be more welcoming to newcomers, than those little kids and other newcomers wouldn't get discouraged and they would get some exercise! The ocean wasn't created for you to rule it! Share the waves! Surfing is an amazing sport and if you truly love it you should want to share it with the world.
    I agreed with you up to the last part. Surfing is not a sport it way of life. Its a culture that has its own life style. Most of the people who think surfing is a sport are the ones who don't take the time to learn the rules of the line up or how the oceans work. Plus buying a board from Costco takes money out if the local economy. You can get a foam board and good used beginner boards from your local surf shop.

Gay surfers probably don't shop at Costco.