LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Pretty sure there is a youtube vid of Jamie OBrien ripping at pipe on a costco foamie. I don't think anyone could watch that and call him a kook, or that anyone tried to beat him up for paddling out to the lineup on one. I personally believe in buying from a local surf shop, and I get the sentiment that cheap widely distributed boards encourage people who shouldn't be surfing to get out there. Still I think that if you can shred you can shred, and having a junk board doesn't automatically make you wack

Images
    if dane reynolds bought, rode one and posted it on his blog, you'd probly **** yourself and say "hey mom remeber those gay boards you told me about...well yea"

Quote Originally Posted by Stranded in Smithfield View Post
    Crank up the localism at your break and that will take care of it. My local spot ...over 2 ft... if you show up with a funboard or longboard you aren't even allowed in the water. PERIOD.(x2 if your white) Not me...I'm friendly and warn those who are about to violate the rules and take liberty with their safety...heck I'll even tell them a spot they can surf where a punch in the face isn't awaiting them for exceeding their skill set and causing those with time-in to miss waves. Alas those that didn't listen paid the price and now reputation and the occasional beatdown leave the best & most consistent wave on the island to the best & most consistent surfers. Problem solved.
    Uhh, so you're kicking people out for riding longboards? Go **** yourselves.

Also, localism sucks nuts man. Why the **** would you want to surf a spot like that. If you support a system where people threaten violence on others for attempting a recreational activity in the ocean, you're ****ed in the head. You don't own the ocean.

Everyone has access to the ocean, and surfers wouldn't have it any other way. If you don't want developers telling you that you can't surf your favorite wave anymore because you're carrying a surfboard, then don't facilitate others being told they can't surf their favorite wave because they're carrying a longboard surfboard.

Beach and wave access is a right and that might have unfortunate consequences, but you deal with that because you enjoy the benefits of free and open wave access.

Also, don't think for a second that if your beach becomes a haven for surf violence and the city/town starts to realize the problem (they will) that it's not going to make them more likely to sell it off to developers or to restrict beach access to certain times of day or, at the very least, to increase police presence in the area. You clearly don't want any of that, so preserve your break by letting people surf. If they're being douchebags and snaking, dropping in, or whatever, feel free to TALK to them. But you have to take the good with the bad.

Also, what the **** is with all of the homophobia on this god-damned site. What ****ing difference is it to you what I do in my bedroom? Being bisexual doesn't make me surf any worse, and it certainly doesn't make me a bad person.

Why does it threaten any of you so much? I mean I thought you were all super-secure, ultra-macho types . . .

Images
    i'm trying to find a cheap Costco-style soft top long board right now. f*ck that retail purity bull**** - i've got a Jimmy Keith Whiskey Fish in my garage and was pleased to pay him $500 to make it for me, but right now i'm in the market for a cheap, light, safe longboard that I can turn my 3 year old loose on and not worry about either one getting hurt. some of the money i spend on it will end up in somebody's pocket - whether it's the guy down the street who works at Costco or the other guy down the street who works at my local surf shop, it's all the same to me.

They sell those at Sam's Club too. Support your local Wal Mart

7. u wanna kno wats sadd bjs sales sups WTF

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop John B. View Post
    Also, what the **** is with all of the homophobia on this god-damned site. What ****ing difference is it to you what I do in my bedroom? Being bisexual doesn't make me surf any worse, and it certainly doesn't make me a bad person.

Why does it threaten any of you so much? I mean I thought you were all super-secure, ultra-macho types . . .
    http://www.swellinfo.com/forum/showt...ighlight=bongs

What are you guys worried about. Its not like these people on foam boards are gonna learn surfing in a weekend or a summer for that matter. I recommend them for most beginners. My daughter is prob gonna have one. I don't care what you ride as long as you can surf. I paddle circles around anyone on these tings anyway. Most of them buy the thing for the novelty of it, until they realize how hard it is to learn.

So many kooks on these things in san diego. My buddies buddy picks up about 10 of them a week at $100, turns around and sells them on craigslist for $150.