LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Fin repair

Hybrid View

Fin repair

So my epoxy flew out of the bed of a pickup. The board survived without a scratch but my fins got really scuffed up. I want to replace them but they seem to be jammed up. They are futures. I was wondering if anyone had any sugestions on how to get them out.

if the allen head is stripped, you could try a bolt remover basically a left threading bit . FCS makes a easy out with there ratchet kit which will work with the Futures. They are about 15 bucks.

If the fins are jammed in the box, perhaps a little heat from a hair dryer on low directed toward the box area and tapping the front and back of the fins with a rubber mallet.

good luck bro

goat
    Last edited by goatman; Aug 29, 2007 at 11:00 PM.

Images
    doesn't heat make things expand? Like he said though, try wrapping each fin with a towel and tapping it out with a hammer (after removing the worm screw of course)

just pull them really hard they will come out

Yea, Heat makes things expand, but I was thinking along the lines of trying to remove a nut that won't come off a bolt. Heating the area with a torch usually does the trick. I figured it wouldn't hurt to try as long as he used a low heat setting.

goat

thanks for the help. as soon as I find a rubber hammer I'll let you know how it goes.