LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Images

canyon surfboards

is there a company still shaping these boards? or are they pop outs from china?

The new ones are shaped by R2D2. The originals are sik Rusty shaped them for a while. WINNING

Images
    lol, i was almost going to google R2D2. Ya i head they are shaped over seas. Are they using the original templates?

I know Canyon longboards come straight from our little communist friends over seas like half the stuff we sell in this country. Its tough to compete with somebody who makes pennys on the dollar and dosent understand the first thing about surfing but can field strip an AK-47 blindfolded in seconds. I can't say how good they are but when it comes to Surf Boards - BUY AMERICAN. PLEASE.

canyons boards are so bulky and have huge chunky rails , they have a bunch of um at rk's for a really good price like 300 bucks brand new and the glassing seems to be decent with a gloss coat but overall they seem like boards geared towards beginners.

Bad Boards

I used to have a 9'0 Canyon. It was the worst board ever. They are indeed shaped overseas. Mine broke in moderate surf down in Chincoteague, Va. I guess if used on smaller surf it would be okay, although pretty clunky.

Go with an Austin surfboard

Images
    yeah they are for the most part pop outs. If you really want one that bad go to Kona Sporting goods in Wildwood they are the Pop out kings of South Jersey

have done a few repairs on them, the glass job is horrible. Way too thick in some spots, and sanded almost all the way through the glass in others

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    yeah they are for the most part pop outs. If you really want one that bad go to Kona Sporting goods in Wildwood they are the Pop out kings of South Jersey
    Ha Ha - 2 Egg Rolls and Duck Sauce with every purchase - Long live the king....

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    funny, kona sports came up on one of my searches. they're retailed at 375ish. Those cheap prices tell a whole lot. I wonder if Rusty is making money on it?